Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bowlegged 40 ford mustang II, see pictures
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 06:21 AM
Footstomper

Last journal entry: 40 ford/cadillac coupe
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

That's a cool Willys

What motor do you have? Is it steel? It looks original whether fiberglass, they are cool. I saw a Willys, steel in a three sided barn, the 426 hemi was out of it. It was racing near Jasper, Alabama at Lynn in Winston county. It had roll cage. i still look at that picture of that monster, I saw it in 1976, it had racing in late 50's to late 60's, it was blue with a stripes from the rear fenders going the front hood, hat sidewinder with 426 Hemi on the hood and a hole for a blower. A straight axle in front. I could not tell what rear was. There was a 33-34 steel 5 window coupe, cut for round racing, said Pogo with a possum on the side, and a 32 tudor blue body and black fenders, the flatty was out, but it was really nice.
Funny thing about this, I knocked on he door and he came out with a shotgun and a bible. He told me not to come back.
I believe those cars when to a storage in Birmingham, Ala.

Sorry, I like Willys. Back to the springs, I saw the speedway spring. My beef about the 40', I want a stock looking car. As it is, I can turn the front tires without hitting the fenders. To get the parallel lower A arms would need a block under the frame and your springs suggested. I would have to cut on left and right outters to make a channels to slide in the frames. Then, and in the lower middles for the C.E.bolt-on size to the accomomate maybe 3 or 4" with the top hats would be fill the gap and I would have achieved the right stance.

I had no springs just rods holding the parallel lower arms, I put my fender on the frame, and the tires hit fenders. I am not in a round races, I like straight take off, and look like a original standard ford.

I appreciate your suggestions, I may drive it as now and see if it settles.

Thanks, I am a newby mmII learning veteran.