Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Boxing Question (again)
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 08:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I love my Lincoln mig also, also use .035 flux core wire for everything. I also have a Lincoln arc welder that I use on anything larger than an 1/8 or so for added strength. Another tech tip for pulling wire through conduit, use a shop vac on one end, use PVC fittings to reduce the vac hose to your conduit size , and feed in a length of the same nylon pull string used in house/ building conduit. If it wont pull the string, use a small piece of cotton just a little smaller than the conduit with the string attached through or around it. Then, use the string as a pull for your wiring. A butt connector will attach to the string the same as it would wire. I have been planning to box my rails on my c-10 also, but, (duh moment) didn't think about a conduit. Glad I found this thread. As far as the metal-to-wire rub,I would think either a rubber grommet on the ends of the conduit or a section (just a few inches or so) of rubber hose inside the ends of the conduit would solve the issue. The ends are the only places the wire would rub I would think. A full length of tubing would seemingly be unnecessary. Hope this helps and good luck.

Last edited by cmc-10; 02-01-2012 at 08:51 PM.