Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Boxing Question (again)
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 03:33 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

opinion

Hi guys..... all good information.... I have a friend who was a Ford parts man for many years and he stopped by and said about the same thing.... I am not interested concerning high performance anymore.... this motor is rated at 155 h.p. and the rear end is out of a 1949 Ford..... I just want to be able to keep up with the other traffic on back roads... The one suggestion that I did listen to was from the guys at Speedway Motors though.... who said I should box it "at least back to the rear of the cab." It won't take much effort on my part to do this so I might just accomplish that much. I did work on the project motor today and have a bit more to do before marrying the tranny to it... then, it will get its initial fitting as we "hang" it in place with a cherry picker to determine which tranny cross member to order and what kind of motor mounts we want to use. I can also then intelligently mark where the frame mounts will have to be as well. It's all good and with the progress today, you feel a little better about it and a little more ambitious... PS Sent in the "paper work" to the MN DMV a week ago Thursday to try to get a title for it, and was told that it will take up to three months to get the verdict....