Boxing Question (again) - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 02:36 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Engine Suffix Code

On the engine ledge of the V6 is the engine information... I know it came out of a Chevy conversion van, but Chevrolet is keeping the code for that a secret and you cannot read the last letters on the ledge.... I know now, that the first character was not a J but a T for Tonawanda and the next four digits stand for the month/day, but oh how I would like to know was the engine suffix code it is for a 1985 Chevy cargo van.....

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 02:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

part box is a no no...

If you want my opinion of boxing back to the end of the cab, I would not do it, unless you box the whole frame... as it will break a lot quicker with the frame twisting from there back, the frame will crack at the end of the box... I would do an engine mount that fits under the pan from one side to the other, bolted in, this will take that front twist out of the frame, that usually happens when outside engine mounts are used, on just the frame itself, one on each side is too much for a channel frame... With the wide (both sides) type of mount, there is only downward force... same as the stock factory engine mounts were that were in that truck stock... JMHO BTDT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.