Bp Oil Rig Disaster - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 06:41 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Bp Oil Rig Disaster

For those that haven't seen it yet, there is a good program on the Discovery Channel covering the response from day one to present. olnolan

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2010, 12:22 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

i dont need to cry any more about it than i already have. i have been watching this mess every day. bp will be a thing of the past, and the devaluation of their stock is going to be another Enron/Bernie Madoff adventure for the Brits. (no i don't have stock)

you can bet your ahhss that their big wigs in charge who are to blame will get their millions tho. they need to find the bp guy and the trans am guy who had the argument as to whether to shut down the well right before it blew up and get the name of that bp guy who ordered them to proceed, and cut off his nuts

cnn used to be pretty good about it, Anderson cooper esp, UNTIL he decided to make his show a re-hash of the rig workers interview he did. now i dont watch him anymore when he gets into that cause there's nothing new.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:39 AM

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Wiki Edits: 1

oil leak in the gulf

Not being an engineer, but while can't they slide a balloon (bladder type) down the pipe and in flat it to stop the leak. It doesn't appear to be high pressure coming out, maybe 30 to 50 psi. a balloon on the end of a stiff pipe should side right down the pipe well below the top end then be inflated with a hundred pounds on nitrogen which wouldn't burn and expand closing off the flow.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:44 AM

Last journal entry: Getting all the parts together for my LTX build
Last photo:

I've been doing military honors for the past month and been doing a lot of traveling, this past weekend I was up in Odessa and Midland Texas. This trip we stopped at the Petroleum Museum in Midland. They had a lot of history there and a lot on how they used to stop leaks, I think that BP should make a trip up there to rethink what's going on. Non the less they sell oil drop shaped stress balls there.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:48 AM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanier ledford
Not being an engineer, but while can't they slide a balloon (bladder type) down the pipe and in flat it to stop the leak. It doesn't appear to be high pressure coming out, maybe 30 to 50 psi. a balloon on the end of a stiff pipe should side right down the pipe well below the top end then be inflated with a hundred pounds on nitrogen which wouldn't burn and expand closing off the flow.
They estimated the psi @ 9000.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.