Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - brainstorming an engine build
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well, the weekend is coming up, the short block has arrived! Took a few weeks after it arrived to get everything situated back at my house, had to pick it up from my work in order to get the good shipping.

One final question before I begin the build and start a thread on that. For some reason I did not think to request the type of cam for the engine builders to install, so it came with an Engine Pro MC1730 with Duration @.05 = int204, exh214, and int.422, exh.444 Lift. The duration seems a little low for 10.3:1 compression, would it ping with this cam, or am I ok as I will have a good quench and aluminum heads?

For just in case that cam will not work, I purchased a comp cams, and cam assembly lube (that I can return) CS 280H-10 Duration @.05 = 230, Advertised Duration 280, valve lift .480.

I can also get an Edelbrock RPM series, and I believe that one had about 245 duration at .05 and 305 advertised, but I figured that would be a bit over-kill.

Let me know what you all think, I can return this comp cams next week for a different one with even more duration, or less, I simply got one so if it is correct I can get my pushrod length measured, and next week can have things moving along smoothly.

Thanks.