Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Brake Booster Bracket
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Dave is THAT guy

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Just an update and a question to follow. So I bought a bracket from Summit for $20. It was close, but so far. When mounted, the boosters arm going to the brake pedal was riding on the firewall, so it wasn't working. Basically was pushing it up to high.

What I ended up doing was moved the bracket down on the studs so it was sitting lower, on the bottom 3 studs. I had to cut the bracket so it wasn't resting awkwardly on a bump on the firewall by removing the lower bolt hole. Pic is attached, before it was finished sanding and painted. Long story short... everything matches up great (minus 1 bolt not there).

Now the question... I've never really worked with brakes before. When I was pulling the resovoir and booster, I disconnected the lines from it and tried to keep as much fluid in them as possible. When connected the new one up, I filled with fluid and worked the brake pedal. Bubbles came out and eventually stopped. However, with the car on and off, the pedal is soft and doesn't close. Do I need to bleed the lines at the calipers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-17_19-12-48_975.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	822.7 KB
ID:	65440   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-17_19-13-13_125.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	65441