Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Brake chatter
Thread: Brake chatter
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2002, 06:10 PM
doesn't play well with others

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I have seen applications where GM used thinner outboard pads. The first time I saw one in the shop I sold calipers and all only to open up the box of new pads to see the inboard pads much thicker than the outboard pads brand new. The main thing you're looking for is comparing left side to right side if looking for problem caliper. Is the left front outboard or inboard shot but the right side ok. With that kind of mileage KULTULZ was right, she should have got loaded calipers and hoses as well (hoses aren't that much). And personally I would consider smoke from the tire major (as in serious). Actually I consider anything to do with brakes major, they're your life. At any time did you notice the car veer when hitting the brakes, this is a good sign of caliper trouble. Also while you're at it take a look at your CV boots to make sure they're not torn. A bad CV joint will click on hard turns (assuming the 95 is front wheel drive). Usually a CV joint is heard on hard turns like in a parking lot but it's worth checking anyway. Jack up the front like already said and have someone step on and off the brake pedal while trying to turn the tires by hand. See if both sides feel about the same.