Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - brake issue
Thread: brake issue
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 10:11 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

its in and bleed

ok so i got everything together, i went ahead and used that prop valve i have. so it goes master, prop valve, trails to front junction box on frame that aplits it into LEFT AND RIGHT, then from prop valve to rear junction, that also splits. so ya i guess i might not need that prop/safety/dummy light valve. but i made it work, and it never hurts to have everything off the original setup i guess. which brings me to my next problem its all done and bleed. the only issue now is my rims.. as you know im putting a 69 set up on a 63. im trying to use my 63 rims but they rub on the caliper body. i used a 5/16 spacer and still a bit of rub. i spaced it with some washers as well and now i think all i hear is the pads on the rotors. (is that ok to ride that way? will that nose go away) anyway. so its approx 3/8s spaced right now, which now gives me alot less lug stud to bholt to.. NOT so SAFE. i really want to keep my hub caps cause i just love the 63 cap style. so i guess my main question would be,, can i use a 69 rim(bigger offset or depth to clear caliper) and still be able to put my 63 caps on those? then i wouldnt have to go and change the lug studs on each rotor.. real pain. i blieve both wheels are 15s.. i guess it would be a matter of how deep is the lip where the cap fits? if it is possible to do what it is im talking about ill be extra excited cause i have afeeling my rims are not true, so this might solve some vib. problems. anyway thank you for your time and concern. blackbeard