brake line setup/routing - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2011, 08:07 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

brake line setup/routing

i know im not a hot rodder but i am a racer i was looking at the routing diagrams that were posted for single outlet masters and how to run lines i am having this same issue i do have a duel line master from a 66 bronco mounted on a wilwood floor mount brake peddle it is two lines but i was told to converge into one line for all brakes i know this sounds crazy but my lines will be mostly in the passenger compartment and run through frame rails but i need to achieve more rear brake bias but am not allowed to use proportion valves i guess this is the best way to do this but my problem is referring to the diagrams posted is this the correct way to run my lines for one outlet

Advertisement

Last edited by oconnor 52; 03-11-2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: dif title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Last photo:

If this is a race only vehicle why not just use a single reservoir master cylinder? Are you allowed to use an adjustable valve for the rear brakes?

Vince
Old 03-11-2011, 04:42 PM

brake line setup/routing

yes race only we race a high banked clay oval in new york im a first time driver/car builder we are not allowed to run proportion valves or duel masters actually my class does not permit any sort of race parts wich is really a pain but im working with what is accessable and what i can afford i i have drums in the rear and im trying to achieve more rear brake without the aid of any parts that would help me in doing so the prob im having is the best way to route my lines so i can run one line off my master any help would be appretiated
Old 03-14-2011, 11:11 AM

Last photo:

Older cars like my 65 Mustang used a setup like you're after. It uses a junction block that looks like a proportioning valve but is hollow inside. Look for an older car with a single master and 4 wheel drum brakes.

No proportioning allowed? They don't like you? The only real way to adjust bias that I know of is to vary the size of pistons/calipers/wheel cylinders. Larger piston at the wheel equals more applied pressure. More pad/shoe area equals more applied force.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:

Grind away about half the material away from the front pads so you only have half the pad contact on the rotor. You can tune for track conditions by experimenting with different pad variations to get more or less rear bias. Increase the bias to loosen entry. I imagine it'll be tight on entry if completely stock for the factory does that on purpose.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:58 AM

brake line setup/routing

thanks i was gonna trying dif size calipers im using the bigger camaro spindals but i only have access to smaller piston calipers that are metric will these be compatible with the big stock gm calipers or will they even bolt onto the camaro spindals i was told run a smaller size on the right front with my one line setup and this should give me what i need will the variation of pads work with my caliper variation or should i just scrap two dif calipers and work with the pads god i just wish they would allow the proportion valves or duel masters there not making things easy for us
Old 03-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:

I think I would keep the metric calipers because they are much lighter and you can get them with different size pistons.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.