Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Brake Line Theory
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 10:49 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post Brake Line Theory

I scrapped the ABS Brake System on my '90 Jeep (Tow Vehicle). Went to the Junk Yard and got a Vac/Booster/MC/Combo Valve from same car. Installed it but am having a tough time bleeding it. Installed a new MC, Bled the MC, then tried to bleed at the Brakes. Still have tons of air.

I've got a couple of Lines, one above the Combo Valve and one under, that loop up higher than the Combo Valve height so I'm thinking that these higher loops are retaining some air and I am just sucking it back into the MC.

QUESTION: When running Brake Lines, are all of the Lines, from the MC downward, all supposed to be lower and lower as they progress, or is it normally OK for some of the Lines to be higher than others?

QUESTION: I've also tried bleeding the Lines with one of those "SucALux" things at the Bleeders, but can't seem to get a good Vac on the Bleeder. Leaks air around the Hose. Any ideas on how to get a good fit from the SucALux hose to the Bleeder? (My son's getting tired of pumping the Brake Pedal).

Thanks, t2sam