Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Brake Line Theory
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2003, 06:24 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

So I'm two weeks into trying to get the Jeep Brake Lines Bled and still, no soap. This was the former ABS system that I replaced with a traditional Vac/Booster and new MC.

I re-ran some Lines so that they are all now, lower than the MC and the Combo Valve. Tried to do the SucALux Machine Bleeding at the Bleeders, but on the Rears, which have smaller Nozzles, was getting a lot of air around the Tubes.

However, as a test, I did some Pedal Pumping and after a couple of good pumps, noticed that the Rear Chamber of the new MC (this goes to the front brakes), was "fizzing" with Bubbles rising up from one of the two Ports into the Fluid after the Pedal was released.

I completely bled the MC so I know that there was no trapped air, but would the fizzing mean that I have an air leak somewhere and when the Pedal is released, I am sucking some air back into the system?

Also, as an Air Leak Tracking test, since the fizzing starts quickly after releasing the Pedal, could I assume that the Leak is close to the MC?

Thanks, Turbo2Sam