Brake Lines for 1968 Chevy SWB - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 04:28 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Brake Lines for 1968 Chevy SWB

My 1968 Chevy SWB truck was equipped with factory power drum brakes. I converted the front brakes to disc and so as part of the conversion I installed a front disk/rear drum compatible master cyl and prop valve and went with a new booster also. The front brake lines were damaged so I need to replace them. The new disc/drum prop valve has the rear outlet at the rear of the valve and the front line to the front "t" port is at the bottom of the valve. I really don't" want to make the new lines - I would have to acquire tools and experience.

It looks like 1971 - 1972 factory lines might work. I need the lines from the prop valve to the rear brake line; the line from the prop valve to the front "T" and the lines from the front "T" to the front brake hoses.

Does anyone know if the 1971 - 1972 lines will work or of any that will?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Yeah...same frame. Brake lines are not that hard to make up. If you get those pre-flared ones, you only need basic tools.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:34 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

re: Brake Lines for 1968 Chevy SWB

Thanks,

I ordered some from Inline Tube that were supposed to fit and didn't unless I bought a bracket and changed the mounting of the prop valve to go under the master cyl. Even at that the fit was not that good. I took your advice and made the lines and they were not that hard! They look good, route and anchor to the frame properly and everything.

Bye the way, if you order anything from Inline Tube make sure that you question the sale person as to the fit and return-ability of the product. Even though the lines didn't fit without modification, Inline Tube is refusing to allow me to return them. They say that they are a custom product and can't be returned. I say bunk! The product is listed in their catalog along with everything else and no mention of them being non-returnable. The sales person also failed to mention it. But I ramble on about my problems.

Again thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.