Hot Rod Forum banner

Brake pedal goes to floor after 4 day sit.

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  blyne3 
#1 ·
I got back from a trip yesterday and started my 98 Yukon after 4 days of not driving it. It started fine, but when I tried to use the brakes the dang pedal sank to the floor and the brake light came on the dash for a second.

I got it home and this morning inspected and bled the brakes. Its better, but still not right at all.
The master cylinder is only about a year old. I don't see any leaks.

What could cause this? :confused:

#12 ·
I have over the years re-built master cylinders as well as wheel cylinders. Just clean them up, hone them out, and replace the rubber cups or O rings etc. I found they did not hold up like mew ones. But then I got to thinking about it....You do take off some metal honing and increase the bore size just a tad. The rubber parts are still standard size not oversized a tad to compensate. I then quit doing it....brakes are just too important to play around with. Even the rebuilt parts. I always buy new parts and I like the name brand stuff like Wagner, etc. It might cost more but it could save your life or somebody elses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.