Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Brake Pressure Issues,, Help Please
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 10:08 AM
USMC

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well I finally got pressure to all the brakes. Remember I installed a rearend that had SSBC disc brakes on it. The front is the factory 4 piston disc brakes. About 3 hours with a suction on all the lines. But now I have problems stopping. The brake pedal seem to be hard, and slows down not lock up. (it is factory power brakes). I checked my vacuum only about 8-10. So I ordered a electric vacuum pump from SSBC ($270 ugg). I installed it and it runs the shuts off only for a minute the starts running again (this is without me touching the brakes). I drove it, and when I hit the brakes the 1st push seems to work good, but then becomes hard again and slows the car. So I'm thinking the problem may be the Power Booster not holding vacuum good once the brake is engaged. Any opinions. I ordered a replacement booster yesterday, will see when it gets here in a couple of days. If it fixes the problem I'm going to try it without the electric vacuum. If it works looks like I will be selling a pump. Anyway Just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions. Also I do have a new master cylinder as well (factory replcement for disc brakes).