Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Brake problem
Thread: Brake problem
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 01:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Man I'm really having trouble getting these brakes dialed in! I drove it to work this week and after driving about 20 minutes pressure builds up and the brakes drag. Shut it off for a few minutes and it goes away for awhile only to come back. I have adjusted both rods all over the place and I either get pedal to the floor or full pedal stroke before solid pressure right at the end of the stroke, but that's when the pressure builds and causes dragging.

Am I supposed to have a firm brake pedal right at the top of the stroke? With mine I have about 80% pedal stroke with what feels like light vacuum assisted braking, but the pedal really does not get firm and stop until the very end of the stroke and thats when I get the pressure build up. If I adjust the rod ine turn off then the pedal gies to the floor without any stopping pressure.

My pedal ratio is 6:1 and have a vacuum line that is about 30" long from the floor mounted booster to the carb.

Any insight is help is very much appreciated guys. I dont want to buy a new master if it might be something else. I just want to drive my truck?