Hot Rod Forum banner

BRAKE PROBLEMS

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Dave E Shank 
#1 ·
BRAKE PROBLEMS I HAVE A 41 WILLYS WITH THE MASTER CYLINER UNDER THE FLOOR. I HAVE 2LB RESIDUAL VALVES FOR FRT AND BACK BRAKES WITH A PROPORTIONING VALVE FOR THE REAR BRAKES.WELDWOOD DISKS FRT AND BACK WITH A 7INCH POWER BOOSTER AND YOU STILL HAVE TO STAND ON THEM TO STOP. IJUST ORDER A REMOTE MASTER CYLINER LET ME KNOW WHAT WORKED FOR YOU THANKS MIKE

#2 ·
Have you read the guidlines before you post? I think not or you wouldn't be shouting. Go to your key board and depress the caps lock key and come back with a better discription of your brake setup. For instance disc/disc power assist so on.

Todd :rolleyes:

Rat Rods Rule!

#3 ·
Once I had a bad check valve on the booster vacuum line that caused the hard brake feel. I replaced it and the problem was solved. Have you checked the booster to see if it's working. Pump the pedal a few times and hold it down "with the engine off". Start the motor and you should feel the pedal go down slightly......that tell you the booster is good.

Joe

#4 ·
I had this same problem with my hot rod and it turned out the hole in the floor was not cut out large enough so the brake pedal could go all the way down. Pull your carpet back and with a good light check to see that the brake pedal, when pushed all the way down, is not running into the floor board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.