Hot Rod Forum banner

brakes

817 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  OneMoreTime 
#1 ·
Good morning, as you can see my name is olen. iam knew at this.I have a 38 chevy sedan.That we are going to try and finish. wanted to put disk brakes on the front looking for a good source for the parts???

Also let me ask a ??? We just had good guys here this weekend. And i was wondering all the vendors that sell parts at the shows,where do they go after that?? I have been trying to go to the swap meets.

#2 ·
If you do the subframe from your other post, you will have disc brakes. There are other brake options but I have not experienced it yet.

As for the vendors, often they go from car show to car show and swap meet to swap meet. Two big swap meets out my way are at Hershey and Carlile PA. If you can't find the parts there, you probably wont be able to find it!

You're lucky that you are working on a more popular vehicle. Check "Chevys of the 30's and 40's", "The Filling Station", or "Kanter Auto Products". You can find almost everything for your vehicle (or you can get a donor car - and where you are... there isn't a rust issue like in NY!) ;)

Best of luck,
Joe Ferrero
Geneseo, NY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.