Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Brakes keep getting air in line
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Fluid leaking out can be an indication that air is getting back in. I had an old merc with a caliper that needed bleed right after I bought it. Bleed it a day later same thing, only then it was leaking.
I saw a service bulletin about chryslers ABS modulator/valve assembly allowing air into the system,might be the issue.
If the air comes out of a cylinder pretty much as soon as you open the bleeder then that cylinder/caliper would be suspect.If you have to bleed the fluid a bit before the air comes out then it is coming form somewhere upstream.
The Master cylinder primary bore seal can leak air in and not have fluid coming out, also it could leak out into the brake booster and you wouldnt see it. I had one with a booster half full of fluid as the owner was adding and it was dissapearing, until his booster quit supplying boost, then when pulling the master looking into the booster I noticed it was half full of brake fluid.