Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Brand new looking for ideas
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 04:14 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Its not harsh I don't find, that's why I posted here, I want to get thoughts. Problem is this was the 1 ton "work" truck, so the front fenders are huge and rear fenders are non existent. I have been looking since I bought it for replacement fenders with no luck.

My question is if I were to finish the body work properly, how sacrilegious would it be to use a chevy engine? I really dont want to invest the massive amounts of money in the flathead to get such a small return in horse power, and the transmission has to go regardless as it is geared for a work truck. When i bought it i did not realize the differences between this and the standard pickup from the day. i would have bought it regardless but it was just things I hadn't thought about.

I am just curious, because there is so many options out there on how to go about this. I would love to put a SBC350 with a blower on it, and if I could find new fenders all around, fix the body and do a nice paint job. Just wondering since I am new to the whole scene what I will get flak for and what is acceptable by the majority.

How "stock" does it need to be as a "hotrod"? is there a huge distinction between hotrods and restoring old vehicles to factory conditions, as in, will the fact that it has a dodge bed and not a ford really make a difference if I decided to paint it an make it a true hotrod instead of a rat?