Briggs buildups. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2002, 11:31 PM
Fantastically cannibalistic!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post Briggs buildups.

HRK got me thinking with his post on the little scooter. I got a lawmower with a pretty fresh 12hp briggs, I got in trade for a boat motor. The body of it is pretty old ugly and rusted...Hmm...OUT COMES THE COMPULSIVE CUSTOMIZER! I used to use it to mow my lawn, but its winter, no mowing, that and I got a new one to do the mowing now. So I went looking around to see what stuff they sell for the briggs buildups. I found out its a whole other world of hi-po cams, lifters, valves milling and decking blocks and heads high power low to the ground sleds! Well no quite, but they do race them, I knew that, but I didn't quite grasp how big of a sport it actually is. So now be prepared, with all the scrap stuff from the T/A I intend to build a cool lawn mower. Anyone else ever had a wild hair to do this or something like it, or is it just me?

HK

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2002, 11:58 PM
The Dude

Last photo:

HK, I have actually wanted to mess around with something like that a while back. About 15 years ago, I was planning on fixing an OLD (like 1950s model) tractor we had. (Actually it was my great aunt's) and I yanked the Briggs and Stratton motor off and started to take it all apart. Some reason or another I got side tracked... which brings us to 2002. Ha! Still haven't done a dang thing with it. Haven't touched it, well except maybe to shuffle it around the garage to make room for other junk.
Maybe one day I will get something going with it. Something to tinker with when I am an old man and no one wants to hear my jibber jabber anymore. :p
Old 11-08-2002, 12:07 AM

Last photo:

Hey man, why not throw down on it now? Get some friendly competition going, keep us both on our toes and keep us going without sidetracks or running out of steam. I'm travling into virgin teritory here...uh humm...new customizing feild. Let make up some rules and a budget and see who comes up with what. Its winter, it a small prodject something that can be put in the garage in a corner and worked on with little or no out of pocket exspence. (Hey I'm starting to like this) Ya'unto

HK
Old 11-08-2002, 12:18 AM
The Dude

Last photo:

I wish I could, brother!
Unfortunately I have "too many pokers in the fire" right now as it is. I have the Lincoln's (Did I mention I found a second one??) And It appears now that I am working on the Lincoln project, I will, regrettably be putting my Skylark off for YET ANOTHER year. Maybe I can try to bank a bit of cash on the side to build the Skylark Fund back up.
If I were to compete with ya in "The Big Briggs Build Up of 2002/2003" I might as well concede now. I am nowhere near as talented in the customizing field as you. You are DA MAN when it comes to that, my friend! Mine would probably come out looking like the crappy boat in the "race for your life, Charlie Brown" cartoon!
Old 11-08-2002, 12:30 AM

Last photo:

Heh, if you saw me working on something you wouldn't call me talented, hehe. I got a pretty good number of pokers in the fire too, but I work better under pressure I presume. I just got a new welder so I'm just all stoked up to use it on something and I havn't gotten the T/A in the garage yet and it was 48 out today so I said hell with staying out to work on it, so "rodding the mower" came to mind Thats alright man, maby next time, I'm sure with me there will be one. When I come up your direction I help you with at least one of those rides if its in my feild.

HK
Old 11-08-2002, 12:36 AM
The Dude

Last photo:

I appreciate that! I need all the help I can get! hehehe (Even if it involves a ride to the looney bin!) :p

P.S. check your mail when you get a chance..
Old 11-08-2002, 02:06 AM

Last photo:

I'm sittin here freezing my cononies off and trying to grip a metal pencil with my frozen digits to come up with something really cool and easy. I got the plan, but I think I lost a finger

HK
Old 11-08-2002, 02:10 AM
The Dude

Last photo:

Hmmm... Eureeka! I've got an idea! Maybe we could come up with a new design to make a new finger out of fiberglass. We can make it 10 times better than the original finger!
I see a new marketing strategy in the making! We can make this work!
Old 11-08-2002, 02:23 AM

Last photo:

Broke a finger? Lost a toe? Snaped it off in the car doe? Are you a migit that lost a digit? Well your in luck, for the limited time offer you can have a new and improved prostetic. Yes for only $13.92 you can have this marvelous invention that as far as you know works even better than your real appendage! Yes for only $13.92 you even get the bandage! Call now and order because in three days we may be in Cancun spending your money. Order NOW!

HK

[ November 08, 2002: Message edited by: Halloweenking ]</p>
Old 11-08-2002, 04:09 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

Cool

Thats 3 easy payments of $13.92, right! Don't want it to sound to cheap.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:19 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Well, the coolest briggs I have seen was on a gokart. IT WAS SUPERCHARGED!! He rigged up a smog pump as a super charger. I only talked to the guy over the net, but he said it would make 8 psi. I think it would be a cool thing to try.

chris
Old 11-08-2002, 03:04 PM

Last photo:

Walked up to the resting place of the old green machine, found out it was an 18hp briggs instead of a 12, thhats good news eh? I'm going to deck the block and mill the head and give it a bit more umph. Its a verticle drive engine and I'm only going to use one small blade instead of the two thats on it now. Anyone know how to gear this sucker down? Havn't taken'er apart yet, but shouldn't be to hard, should it? Got a roll of 'glass from the shed, getting out the rattle cans ahhhh what fun

HK

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.