Broken posi POS chevy - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2006, 09:08 AM
~Low Budget Baby~

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Broken posi POS chevy

Hey guys well i've got a 02 trailblazer that used to be a posi. you see i take it off road and do donuts and spray mud everywhere and when it's wet out (cause it's a chevy and doesn't have enough power to do it when it's dry) i'll whip donuts in the street with it (when there's no cars on the road i've done a donut on route 1 at like 12 at night it was fun it was one of those hold my beer and watch this thingies) but anyway when i go down my driveway (long and twisty) and i don't have my foot on the gas at all or the brake you can hear a noise coming from the rear (right?) like click click click click kinda like the splines on the axel are slipping the splines in the center section. and i was doing a brake stand the other day in the rain and i looked in my right mirror and smoke was pouring off my right tire and nothing comming off the left tire, so i stopped. i was wondering can i hurt the rear anymore than i already have by doing burnouts and donuts and crap? and what do you think is wrong with it? i think the posi is burnt out on it but i'm not sure i havn't pulled the cover cause it's a daily driver and i don't know what kinda rear it is so i don't have a gasket it runs fine when i'm not doing something stupid. can i just put in a fully locked unit?
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006, 11:57 AM
RatRod B4 RatRods were Cool

Last photo:

Good job moron you've successfully trashed your moms car.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:27 PM

Last photo:

Come on...be nice. That's Mr Moron. Hey 66 Tbird, you just learned an expensive lesson.. When you play, you pay...and it looks like it's time to pay-up!
Old 01-30-2006, 03:41 PM
~Low Budget Baby~

Last photo:

i'm not really planning on fixing it unless it will hurt the rear more than it already has. and it's actually more like my grandmom's car she bought it for me as a daily driver cause it's safe and she didn't want me to drive my bird everyday. i guess not every rear is as strong as my ford 9in. and i do all the work to it and i can set up a rear myself if i need to (did it with my bird) but i was just wondering if it hurts the rear to do one wheeled burnouts
Old 01-30-2006, 05:59 PM
STUPID is as STUPID does...

Last wiki edit: Crankshaft Coalition Wiki Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Hey guys well i've got a 02 trailblazer that used to be a posi. you see i take it off road and do donuts and spray mud everywhere and when it's wet out (cause it's a chevy and doesn't have enough power to do it when it's dry) i'll whip donuts in the street with it (when there's no cars on the road i've done a donut on route 1
and i was doing a brake stand the other day in the rain and i looked in my right mirror and smoke was pouring off my right tire and nothing comming off the left tire, so i stopped.
i was wondering can i hurt the rear anymore than i already have by doing burnouts and donuts and crap?
Nope... I wouldn't worry about it. Just beat that $35,000 dollar POS "gift" to death and tell your grandma she gave you **** and next time she'd better step up with a "good" car... Jesus..
Old 01-30-2006, 06:11 PM
stuff'n things'n whatnot

Last photo:

I cant believe how ungrateful and careless some people can be, You gonna ask grandma to fix it now or do you want her to buy you a new one 'cause the 'old' one is falling apart you might think your cool but your just being a dumbas

No wonder I only come by here every couple weeks

Last edited by tbirdscott; 01-30-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:17 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Unhappy

Quote:
it was one of those hold my beer and watch this thingies) but
What were you thinking?

Were you?

Just put in reverse floor it untill it will go no faster and slam it into drive that should finish it off.

Keeps the junk yards & hospitals open

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 01-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

It's sad to see a 17 year old with such little respect for something that is or should be a very nice vehicle, you grandma should kick your *** for being a dumb ***. Maybe when you step up and be a big boy and buy your own car you will treat it better. As far as drinking and driving, all I can say is stop before you hurt someone or yourself.

Steve
Old 01-30-2006, 06:33 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

You toasted the differential and the clicking you hear is most likely the spider gears giving you a heads up that they are in need of replacement also.

Stop abusing the vehicle and it won't cost you parts and possibly your's or somebody else's life or health.

I decided to close this thread because of the comments for now until this is discussed further with the other moderators and the administrator.
Closed Thread

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.