BROTHERS 4 link for a '49 chevy truck. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Truck - '49...Driver - '47

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

BROTHERS 4 link for a '49 chevy truck.

I drive a '49 Chevy truck with a 350/350 and Camaro rear end. About a month ago I ordered some parts from "BROTHERS". I ordered the 4 link conversion for the rear end, a "C" notch kit, a set of rear view mirrors, a headliner and door lock for my truck. The 4 link kit was back-ordered but they did send me everything else that I ordered. The glass in the mirrors is badly distorted, the rear section of the headliner is about 3" short (maybe different year). My question is: Has anyone used the "BROTHERS" 4 link kit and is it any good or should I cancel my order before they send it? I haven't been too happy with the rest of the stuff that they have sent me so I'm wondering about the 4 link before I cut the whole back end out of my truck. Can anyone recommend a better rear suspension for a street driven truck?

Sorry for being so "wordy".
Thanks
Ed

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2005, 05:08 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

I've ordered lots of stuff from Brother's and never had a problem. Always been good stuff.

Last edited by Centerline; 08-21-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:29 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for the input. I was just feeling a little bummed. I've never ordered anything from BROTHERS before and was a little concerned.

I'll quit whining and wait for the parts to arrive.
Thanks
Ed
Old 08-23-2005, 08:49 AM

Last photo:

OK. I called BROTHERS and they were very nice on the phone and said to send the parts back that I had a problem with and they would be glad to make it right.
Just wanted to touch base again after bad-mouthing BROTHERS to add a positive side to the story.

Ed
Old 08-24-2013, 11:11 PM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimed View Post
I drive a '49 Chevy truck with a 350/350 and Camaro rear end. About a month ago I ordered some parts from "BROTHERS". I ordered the 4 link conversion for the rear end, a "C" notch kit, a set of rear view mirrors, a headliner and door lock for my truck. The 4 link kit was back-ordered but they did send me everything else that I ordered. The glass in the mirrors is badly distorted, the rear section of the headliner is about 3" short (maybe different year). My question is: Has anyone used the "BROTHERS" 4 link kit and is it any good or should I cancel my order before they send it? I haven't been too happy with the rest of the stuff that they have sent me so I'm wondering about the 4 link before I cut the whole back end out of my truck. Can anyone recommend a better rear suspension for a street driven truck?

Sorry for being so "wordy".
Thanks
Ed
Cancel it imeditaly,,I have ordered from brothers for about three years ,the parts that fit are ok,,BUT the parts that don't fit or are damaged You are scr---d they have the WORST customer No service I have ever encountered I ordered several parts on my last order they back ordered some small parts and shipped the rest and charged FULL freight price even on the parts they did not ship,as the shipped the rest of my order they charged Full shipping again on Each item,i called them there response was this is how we do business,i opened the packages that I received ,I side mirror was broken one was missing the arm when I called to report the shortage it was an argument all over again I shipped the broken one back and paid freight myself ,NEVER received balance of my parts ,Has ben over 3 months

use jim carter or LMC
Old 08-25-2013, 12:01 AM

Last photo:

496chevy3100 sorry you may have been burned, 8 year old thread why not start a new one? `
Old 08-25-2013, 12:11 AM
Appalachian American

Last journal entry: ,
Last photo:

LOL didn't see that ,he probably has already received it ,,MAYBE.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.