Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - a brown seat I did
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:46 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

a brown seat I did

heres a pic of a brown seat I did a while back...... when I started this I thought it wasnt gonna look good, but when I finished, it turned out pretty good..... I did the center insert from 10" at the bottom to 16" on the top and it allowed me to have the lady who does my embroidery to make the bow tie bigger and we did it in brown also..... what do you guys think ?

then the other pic is of a blue seat I did for the same guy a few weeks earlier..... he liked the brown so well, he ask me if I could re-do his and put some different color inserts in it.......lol

Dan.... and other upholsters........ what do you guys charge to do a basic bench seat like this with no head rest ? total material and labor....
and just using basic vinyl....... ( not counting the embroidery, it was 35.00 )
here in knoxville, tn I charge 200.00....... a friend of mine who does upholstery for a living says 250.00 and theres one shop that ask 450.00 to 550.00....
now....... I just do this as a hobby and I know folks have to make a living but I think 450 to 550 is too much
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brown seat.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	70249   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue seat.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	70250