Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Brush with Death - Video of a Top Fuel Crash: Cory McClenathan
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 01:17 PM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Alan Johnson ALMOST lost Tony Schumacher to the same incident last fall. Tony had the laundry out , just prior to the unhinging. Doug Kalitta was welding his car Saturday night, where it has cracked. Almost the same spot.

Like red said, there is an inherent flaw in the chassis design. Putting 8,000+ horsepower on that light of a chassis is only partially to blame. These guys are doing 270 mph by the 1/8 mile!!!!! Thats a tremendous acceleration rate.

IMO, tire shake is the culpret. If a guy shakes them too violently, or too often, he is beating the SNOT out of the car and himself. Many drivers liken it to being in a cement mixer , on high.

The cars travel in the trailor resting on airbags, so the travel isn't stressing them.

I wouldn't mind them slowing down, if they wouldn't drop oil every pass. I'm sick of the one lane race tracks. I'm sick of the oil downs. I'm sick of the tires blowing off at the hit of the throttle, and the other guy winning by default. I enjoy P/S the most. And Probike.