Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Bucket seat mounting
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 05:35 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Bucket seat mounting

Howdy,

I'm working on a 1928 Nash street rod. The previous owner/builder was a bit short in stature, and built very high risers to mount the seats on. My plan was to remove them, cut them down, then weld them back together and remount them. After getting them out, I realized I can't reuse them. They look awful, and I'm not going to put them back in. I have no idea when the seats and slider mechanisms originally came from. The seats bolt to the original sliders, which were in turn bubble gum welded to the risers. Since the seats are in great shape and already upholstered to match the interior, I'm going to reuse the same seats. My question is, who makes a nice universal slider mechanism I can bolt back onto the seats? Something with 2-3" of rise added is fine, or something with no rise, and I can fab up some low pro risers. I've seen many online, but I've never handled one, so I don't know who makes quality, or who makes something I can use.

Thanks!