Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Interior (
-   -   Bucket seat springs (

KQQLCAT 01-10-2013 03:52 PM

Bucket seat springs
Where can I buy the wavy bucket set spring material? I am rebuilding a couple 62 GM bucket seats.
Thank you,

LATECH 01-10-2013 05:13 PM

Sinusidal spring is available at We Sell Upholstery Supplies Online -

I bought a few different things like border wire, border wire clips...etc. They sell pretty much everything

DanTwoLakes 01-11-2013 07:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
What you are looking for are called sinuous wire springs. The spring material comes in different gauges and in big long rolls. The springs are cut to whatever length you need. If you tell me how many springs you need, and what length they need to be, I can cut them and "D" end them for you. They need to be "D" ended so they don't slip out of the clips that hold them. I can also send you stake wire and clips to attach the stake wire to connect the springs together so they act as a unit. Here are some pictures of the spring material and the plain cut end and an end that is "D" ended. Also, check out this tutorial on spring repair:

KQQLCAT 01-12-2013 06:38 AM

I looked at your pictures and where do you get those spring benders and clip pliers?

DanTwoLakes 01-12-2013 07:21 AM

You get them from an upholstery supply company: The "D" ending tool is an Osborne 404 spring end former. You don't really need the No-Sag pliers, you can close BW clips with a regular pliers.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.