Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Budget urethane clears, Finish-1,Nason,Matrix, & Kustom-shop Any info?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 03:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperotti
If you�re still open to suggestions here�s one:
PE2100 Eurospeed 2:1 Acrylic Urethane Clear-4.3VOC
Tech Sheet

]
See now that is interesting, Their tech sheet shows their clear can be sprayed over DBC and Chroma-base, I wonder why I can't spray chroma-clear over the DBC. I hate mixing up paint brands This is not my car nor paint, If I had it my way, or was less honest I would trash this deltron and buy some nason ful-thane. They are going to end up with a Ful-thane single stage urethane 2k quality paint job, by using the deltron dbc and cheap clear anyway.

The two hardest things to convince customers is: High quality base with cheap clear is not going to be any better then the quality of the clear. 2: Quality base/clear is only going to be as good as the primer. Seems like every customer I have that thinks they know something about paint, will spend big money on base coat and go cheap on clear and/or primers.
Ive had people bring me $700 in chroma-base/clear and bring $24.99 gallon of lacquer primer.

Thanks for the help guys! Ive got a fresh un-used gallon of Nason select-clear from over stock. Ive got a 98+ camaro hood in the out building from a customer that never returned to pick it up after I installed and painted a cowl hood. Im going tape it off into two half's, Spray it with the DBC and clear it with the Nason select-clear. If it dose not work, Or I dont like the results then I will give the SPI or matrix clear a chance. Thanks for all the help!