Hot Rod Forum banner

Buffing Advice

17K views 54 replies 23 participants last post by  unbearable 
#1 ·
I currently use Hookit foam waffle pads on a DA with my fine cut compound and finish glaze. i am looking to see if there is a better way.

Should I buy a buffer and use some other different pads? I am currently wet sanding a single stage paint, but usually do BC/CC.

I have been using Mequires compound. I also have some 3M leveling compound, but I think it is a little harsh compares to the #2 Mequires. I then finish with #7 polish.

Looking for the most efficient method.

Thanks

#52 ·
new wave buffing

hi,from sparkys,just color sanded a 32 glass coupe painted with single stage concept ppg.used 3-ms newest,first wet sanded with 1500,then used adapter on da with 3000 wet,then buffed with wool yes wool pad.after that applied new glaze with foam pad,looked good,then used 3-m supplied rags wiped off excess glaze,paint looks 3 feet deep and you can see your wiskers in reflection,to beat it all this color is vette milinium yellow. thanks randy sparks sparkysrodshop.if you want 3-ms numbers and names call me 423-505-4144

#53 ·
sparkysrodshop said:
hi,from sparkys,just color sanded a 32 glass coupe painted with single stage concept ppg.used 3-ms newest,first wet sanded with 1500,then used adapter on da with 3000 wet,then buffed with wool yes wool pad.after that applied new glaze with foam pad,looked good,then used 3-m supplied rags wiped off excess glaze,paint looks 3 feet deep and you can see your wiskers in reflection,to beat it all this color is vette milinium yellow. thanks randy sparks sparkysrodshop.if you want 3-ms numbers and names call me 423-505-4144
Sounds like a killer car and good tech. I prefer Meguiars over 3M....they pay my bills so that makes it nice.
Millenium yellow is a 3 step paint, base, tint, clear. You said single stage....did you not use the tint coat? Just curious and wondered if it would be brighter with out the tunt coat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.