Hot Rod Forum banner

Buick 350 auto to manual swap, need info

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  M&M CUSTOM 
#1 ·
i have two Buick 350 engines from skylarks. ones a 71 the other a 72. they both have autos on them. i would like to put a 4 speed transmission onto one of them. im not quite sure what Chevy bell-housing and transmission will fit. i was looking at t-10 from camaros. if someone could help me with this i would be greatly appreciated. i just need to know what years, and what cars have bell-housings and transmissions that will bolt up to my 350 with little to no fabrication needed. thank you. -Ryan

#4 ·
auto buick trans to manual trans

i have two Buick 350 engines from skylarks. ones a 71 the other a 72. they both have autos on them. i would like to put a 4 speed transmission onto one of them. im not quite sure what Chevy bell-housing and transmission will fit. i was looking at t-10 from camaros. if someone could help me with this i would be greatly appreciated. i just need to know what years, and what cars have bell-housings and transmissions that will bolt up to my 350 with little to no fabrication needed. thank you. -Ryan

#8 ·
tnsmith10 said:
dont forget about oldsmobile, pontiac and cadillac. they have the same bolt pattern as buick.
AH, but the starter is not on the same side of all of these different make engines.
Chevy is passenger side.
Olds is drivers side.
Cadillac is passenger side.

There IS a universal bellhousing that has the starter provision for BOTH sides but I cannot remember who makes (or made) it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.