Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Buick 430?
Thread: Buick 430?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:23 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie5.7 View Post
I suppose you're going to have to excuse my crude image editing skills, but I believe a picture says a thousand words. Until someone shows me otherwise, I'm convinced that the posters skylark would have to bear an uncanny resemblance to my fantasy buick below to crack 150mph. It would also explain why he has any business racing Supras.
Aero, undoubtedly, plays a major factor in higher speeds. However, with enough power and a long enough stretch of road, 150mph is not all that unattainable. That being said, safety wise, he probably does not have the equipment to do so without taking a much higher risk than he is at those speeds.
I'm fairly certain I could easily run my Rivi to my self imposed redline of 6200 and reach 147mph, however, I know better than to do so on my S rated tires and 35 year old suspension. All I know is my car feels extremely stable at 130+ and its still pulling like a frieght train. I'm sure the weight and size of the car have something to do with that but I cnt imagine my aero is that much better than a Skylarks.