Hot Rod Forum banner

Build a car without power brakes??

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  barnym17 
#1 ·
I have a 64 Falcon that will weight about 3,000 pounds. My plans are to utilize a T5 tranny with a hydraulic clutch. I have a problem with room for a booster. I have 11" discs on the front and 10" X 2.5" drums on the rear and plan to use a 1 1/8" bore master cylinder. Will I have a safe and manageable brake system?

#2 ·
64Bird said:
I have a 64 Falcon that will weight about 3,000 pounds. My plans are to utilize a T5 tranny with a hydraulic clutch. I have a problem with room for a booster. I have 11" discs on the front and 10" X 2.5" drums on the rear and plan to use a 1 1/8" bore master cylinder. Will I have a safe and manageable brake system?
Yes. Power brakes were invented for old ladies, and the rest of us have gotten soft because of it. It will just take a little more leg pressure(a 13-year old could manage it). With the correct pedal ratio it is NO problem, 200 mph race cars don't have a power brake booster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.