Hot Rod Forum banner

Builder of the 2013 Sacramento Autorama

3K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  tech69 
#1 ·
Last year the company who we do the the body work for had their own building all to themselves in Autorama.This year they've been selected as builder of the year. Every time those guys come around my head is down and am working but it's a true honor. On one hand I feel we should have been in this pic as well but on the other hand, it's just a blessing to be involved with these cars period.

Here's a pic with The black Charger we did.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thats quite the honor to be involved in something like that,, but its a shame they can't ( couldn't) feature everyone that WAS involved,, even the people that were the subs hired to do the paint & Bodywork,,etc, probably the most important feature and most obvious work, as far as anyone knows, the people featured in that mag took credit for your work,, :(
even a honorable mention would have been nice,,
But Congratlations ,, We all know who REALLY did the work don't we?:thumbup:

#6 ·
Well I think that's the reason why we just overhauled and painted the booth. I'm guessing they came around when we weren't there. The old man and I get there at 1 pm and the new painter hasn't really been here long enough but he's here all day. Being in the picture wouldn't have been an issue and Jay at Gearhead is a really cool guy. I'm sure he attempted to get us in the pic. Not worried about it, that's why I document the work .As a body tech your natural position is to not get much credit for the work, but it's just as important as what they're doing next door. Taking pics of it all is the perk needed to keep me going at times.

#7 ·
Does that company have any of their paint and body done anywhere else? That may be a reason why your shop isn't honored. Even though you guys do most of it or what ever, how about the upholstery, do they get mentioned? And the Chrome shop? If they mentioned everyone "They" wouldn't be the builders at all! Wild, it's a bummer credit can't be given to who deserves it but I can see why it gets sticky.

It's all about you knowing yourself what you did and walking in there with your wife and showing her the car you did and that sort of thing. Knowing you did it and being proud, that is all you can do when the business is such as it is.

Be proud, not disappointed. :D

Brian

Edit, AHHHH I missed that you simply weren't in the photo while the rest of your shop was, bummer. The same still stands, be proud. :D

#8 ·
I never said I was bummed, you did. Stop turning it into something else. I'm happy about it. The interior is done by them and we do all their paint and body. Putting the Chromers in there? Are you serious? why not put in their bolt supplier too? :)

#15 · (Edited)
Brian::thumbup:

Check this out! Listen for the line "All built by Gearhead Garage"

62nd Sacramento Autorama 2012 Gearhead Garage.MP4 - YouTube

For those that never saw car warriors plus commercials LOL Its one of the episodes 1st season gearhead garage!

Jester
Car Warriors
that's part of the game. Thanks to them we are involved period. No complaints here. Oh, and I didn't read it wrong. Martin tried to assume I was mad cause I wasn't in the pic. That's not what the thread was about...it was about being happy our work is getting recognized period.

Ever hear Joe Shmoe who works for the SF Giants talk bad about the Giants? NO, or he'll be looking back at when he did work for them-lol

I feel blessed period. Long as I know my work is par that's all that matters. Oh and when they kicked *** on Car Warriors the other car had major problems that weren't even discussed in the show.

#23 ·
I have one he's a neighbor and leader of a Malissia group!!!! Totally nuts too! I talked about him on these pages before LOL, The update is he burned down his house in preparation for Dec 21 2012!! It burned down the night of the 21st You talk about IRONIC LOL He had built a bunker under his home and WIRED it himself( Top secret no electricians were allowed) He was in it that night cooking his dinner LOL Now he's in a trailer home like thingy he put on his lot!!!! When the weathers clear I'll get a picture and post it on here LOL If he doesn't shoot me for taking pictures!!! He's so paranoid he might think I'm part of the U.N. invasion LOL :drunk:

Jester:thumbup:

Hijacked it has become LOL:smash::eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.