Hot Rod Forum banner

Builder says 1/4 more on rockers....HHHMMM?

4K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  Duntov 
#1 ·
While talking to my builder the other day I had my car idling. Its about 600 miles since stroker build. He says

"Oh those rockers are starting to get a bit loud, give em another 1/4 turn"

Their comps magnum full roller to which he zeroed then 1/2 turn at build. When I questioned him he said

"Oh those will have settled a bit ,a 1/4 turn wont hurt em"

I might be a fussy gus here but isnt the idea to keep things the same? I mean how do I know all wear in has been equal? I dont, so maybe for some that will add up to 3/4, maybe for others the 1/4 I put on will be the only 1/4 on them. If what he says is true should I not go over them all by backing them off ,then coming up to zero and putting the prescribed 1/2 turn on?
The cam is the 270 hyd roller

#27 · (Edited)
Bogie,

Could you elaborate some on your: "Excessive downward adjustment will at the extreme press the check valve assembly into the bottom of the outer body damaging it"

From my investigation, some adjust their hyd lifters very close to the bottom, to keep high RPM plunger collapse from reducing lift & reducing seat bounce. David Vizard suggests this in one of his books.

Thanks, BBP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.