building a 2,400 hp ford engine? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2012, 09:26 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

oops

oops i meant 73 sorry.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 09:30 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

Yes, I'll agree with that! The turn signals and plastic egg crate grille are a dead giveaway. I think '72 was the last of the stamped aluminum grilles.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:40 PM

i dont know much about chevys. but i love these novas it runs 9.55 in the quarter i put a 9 inch 3rd member in it becaus he boke the pinion doin a burnout. i also replaced or i am replacing the a-arms and ciol springs, shocks and all steering parts
Old 04-05-2012, 09:55 PM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:

My wife would like another Nova, but she says we've got enough cars now. Once I'm caught up on my projects I'm going to see what I can find in the way of a decent '68-'72 Nova and suprise her with it.
I've always been a Chevy guy and everything I have is Chevy, or Chevy powered. My British Austin gasser is all Chevy running gear.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64 fairlane 500
thank you everybody! my mechanics teacher and i go to the races in a couple days. he also gave me the blueprints on how to make a tube frame this was for a 56 chevy with a blown big block chevy! so i hope i can use some of it on a mustang. i put up some pictures of his 72 nova in a mome nt. thanks everybody!
Some of my best memories are going to the races w/my Father. We went to the drags and a bull ring asphalt oval paperclip in Taft, FL, called Orlando Speedway. A vicious little track w/two-fisted MEN who raced there. Saw some great races and some epic fights in the pits. Kids under 12 got in free- I had that beat by years! One family ruled the roost there until I was about 10-11, the Pullens. Henry and Harry. They had a shop/Tiger gas station in St. Cloud (my home town) and besides from my Father, hanging out there is where I picked up a lot, and heard some great stories- some not very appropriate for an 8-year-old!

Finding someone that you hit it off with who's got a race car is as good a way as any to get a feel for what goes into it all. Always something to see, to learn. I'm way less concerned about you building an engine w/"X" amount of hp, than for you to see how a pro/semi pro team operates and the amount of time and work that has to be dedicated to it to be even a blip on the radar, let alone a consistent winner. In other words, the more you know about what it takes to care for and feed a big hp race engine, the more you may realize that </= 500hp mill might be a more resonable target the first time out.

Good advice above about staying out of the way on race night while eliminations are going on; test night is much more relaxed and a better time to meet people and ask questions.

You have a lot of good times ahead of you at the track! One thing, though. I don't know of anything that's more bipolar than racing- there are cosmic highs and Challenger Deep lows- and all within a single night. Or even during a single RUN. Ain't nothing like it.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:07 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Wrong thread

------------------------

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.