Hot Rod Forum banner

Building custom dash insert ?'s

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  itsmecord 
#1 ·
Ok,one of my projects is a 87' ex. cab s10 pickup. For this rig I want to build a custom dash insert to house a set of gauges salvaged from another vehicle.
What I need to figure out is what would be the most effective,logical way to build this out of fiberglass ? I have already taken some thin chipboard and made the rough shape of what I am after for the base. This will have to be a 2 peace deal,a base that mounts directly to the dash support ,and a secondary panel,or "skin" that will clip into the base after the gauges are mounted. I have provided a couple pictures so you'll can hopefully see where I am going with this.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanx for that link man,that really helps me get an idea of the what and the where so to speak.Any idea's on what to use to clip the 2 peaces together once finished ? I am thinking something like is used from the factory these days to hold dashes together,the little "j" clips that go in and then have to be popped out because of the sprung hook.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.