Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Building First Engine
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:22 AM
406 Caprice:Rust Never Sleeps!

Wiki Edits: 0

I would suggest that you spend some time looking over the knowledge base on this site to get some ideas, especially as it relates to how much money you will be willing to spend and how "street-friendly" you want this engine to be. Also keep in mind that other systems and components will need to be upgraded to handle increased power levels. (Hi-hp plus "stock" tranny or rearend = "BOOM") Seriously, you'll need to make a plan for what you want to achieve.(horsepower level, torque level, rpm range, how much reliability, timeframe for completion, etc...) Personally, I prefer old-school (carbueration, very little if any computerization, etc...,but that is because I'm not so great with computers...whereas someone whom is good with computer theory and application may be better-off with employing as much of the newer technologies as possible, so as to get maximum powergains and tunability from the level of technology that is available out there) Yes-I'm a dinosaur, but I like the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple,stupid) theory because it fits my comfort zone. I'm more at home with a Lapdance than a Laptop! Anyways... take some time to go thru the knowledge base and get some ideas of what fits your overall plans and budget/timeframe. There's a TON of good info in the kb and related tech.articles, but to make use of it you'll have to have a good plan, -just as if you were going to build a house. Best of luck and hope you find all the help you need. (Shouldn't be a problem on this site)-Jim.