Hot Rod Forum banner

Building A Homemade C-cab !!!

605K views 1K replies 99 participants last post by  Richard D 
#1 ·
Well !!!! I started cutting the iron yesterday at around 4:eek:o .. :thumbup: This is going to be another homemade hot rod... I was going to keep this one behind the doors.. But why not let everyone see it in the making... It will not be built in 75 hours.. I will be taking this one ''ALL'' the way.. I aways thought the pizza wagon was so cool.. I was going to make one just like it, But decided to make it my own.. SOMETHING DIFFERENT.. The pizza wagon was done already.. Time for a new one.. I hope everyone enjoys the build and thread.. Feel free to speak up.. :thumbup: THE AMPS ARE NOW BURNING !!! :mwink:

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Mill
#758 ·
Don't know if this has been asked before (I didn't read the whole thread) but i'm wondering.
- Is where you got the seat mockup where you expect the seat to end up?
- Also was the proportions you used in your design based on any particular formula, or what you liked/wanted?
You have some fantastic ideas there, my favorites are building the top of the "C" into the windshield posts and the little diamond windows.

#759 ·
daoldbuick said:
Don't know if this has been asked before (I didn't read the whole thread) but i'm wondering.
- Is where you got the seat mockup where you expect the seat to end up?
- Also was the proportions you used in your design based on any particular formula, or what you liked/wanted?
You have some fantastic ideas there, my favorites are building the top of the "C" into the windshield posts and the little diamond windows.

Well.. It all started out by looking At the Pizza wagon and Ice Truck for too many years,,, I never had a Dream I built a car before..(Not at night anyway)
But I dreamed I built this one... And Got the OK from my wife to start cutting the steel, I drew it out on the wood, stepped back to see how it would look,,,, It was dead on to me, So I cut it out, And this is the out come of a dream..... :drunk:

The seat in it now, Was just something I was playing around with, I have a few wild idea's I been thinking about... So we all will see in the end.. :mwink:

The Proportions was just out of my head.. :drunk:
My friends come over to see it, and they ask me the same thing, How did you come up with the measurements ??? I just made them up I tell them... :D
A lot of the idea's on this build just come to me, It get pretty weird some times.. :pain: So I just go with it..... It's almost like I built it before, or someone is leading me..... I know that sounds crazy.. :drunk:

I'm pretty good at looking at pictures and being able to build it like I see it and the picture...... I owned a gym at one point in my life, And didn't have the money to buy everything... So I bought all the catalog's I could find, And just looked at all the machine's and built everything I needed to open a fitness club...... Everyone that was a member of my gym,,, Couldn't believe I built everything in the gym....A gift I believed God gave me.... So now I use it to the fullest.. And I share it with everyone I can.. ;)

#760 ·
You've got talent, there's no question about that. :thumbup: But here's a suggestion of something you might want to look into. My other hobby is woodworking and in that hobby I like to do like you, see an item or pic of an item and build something similar but to my taste. I've learned that the best designs are usually based on Pi. Example the width of your entrance is aprox Pi (1.66) times the depth of the cowl. Look into the Pi thing if you build another one and see what it looks like if you can work Pi into the proportioning of your design. I'll leave it at this as I'm not a automobile designer. I'f there are any who hang out here maybe they would be kind enough to correct me if I'm wrong.

#764 ·
Thanks !!!! :thumbup:

But Man !!!!! y'all must be speaking Japanese or something to me. :drunk:

Pi=3.1416 ????? :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Y'all have to remember y'all talking to a coona$$ from down south...... :D

I will stick to what work's for me...... ;)

The KISS way of thinking.... :D Keep it simple stupid !!!! :thumbup:

#767 ·
I made and installed my four bar in the c-cab... Been busy with my son's truck and forgot to post some pictures.... So here's some pictures... :thumbup:

Attachments

#770 ·
35terraplane said:
C-Cabs looking good Randy. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks Mr.Bob.... :thumbup:
I need to get caught up around here to take this thing off the frame and get all the bottom in Epoxy primer.. And get the frame all finished up too..It's time.. :thumbup:

#774 ·
I'm sorry, I go back and don't see what you are talking about, "Pull-a-part"? Are these links from a late model car? A locator bar on a rear axle or something?

Brian

#775 · (Edited)
MARTINSR said:
I'm sorry, I go back and don't see what you are talking about, "Pull-a-part"? Are these links from a late model car? A locator bar on a rear axle or something?

Brian

Yes they are.....dodge intrepid, and Chrysler Concorde.... :thumbup:

Some have the round bars... Some have the half round bars...These or the round bars... When We seen them... The mind was running wild.... And they or cheap... :thumbup: