Building A Homemade C-cab !!! - Page 23 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 10:20 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Looking Good Randy... Can we build a top like that for my 59 Vette....lol.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Enuf
Looking Good Randy... Can we build a top like that for my 59 Vette....lol.
SURE WE CAN !!!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:27 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbchevfreak
Don't sweat what some schmuck who only wishes they could do what you have done (in 3x the time you have, lol!) spouts from their safe little armchair hot rod room(jealous trolls!). We know the truth, and stand in awe! My first post on this thread, just because this build has me speechless! Keep the pics coming, LOVE IT!

Too bad I don't get Gearz here (peasant vision). I will have to look for that episode online.
Thanks..I'm Over it..
Old 03-15-2011, 10:29 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yleefox
Okay, time for me to make a couple of comments. I just discovered the truck and the Willys threads. Holy crap, "and I mean that with great respect", what amazing work you do. I'm sorry that I do not have enough intelligent adjectives in my limited vocabulary to do justice to your work.

I hope you will continue to share your work with us on this website.

Lastly, I'm curious about how you cut sheet metal with such precision, especially the curves. I know you may have shared this someplace in this website, but I would take me forever to find it.

Ylee

Thanks for the kind word's.. It's people like you that push me to be the best I can be.. Thanks
Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet4x4s
Amazing work Randy.
Shane

Thanks Shane.. You have always been a big support..
Old 03-16-2011, 06:02 AM
TICK INSPECTOR

Last photo:

It is looking great! we know how long it has been here. send that guy to us we will set him straight. Keep up the good work. I love all the picks
Old 03-16-2011, 07:33 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,215 Times in 1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Just had it out with a guy over at T-bucket forum...Pretty much called me a liar on when I stated this build... Man !!! I can't believe some people... I guess I will have to start taking pictures with a new paper in front of me with the date showing...Give me a break !!!! Now I see why no one from the days that built cars didn't show pictures... They just built it.... Man !!!! I really want to hit something right about now...
I have shown this thread to a number of people and they all sit there stunned. Some will say things like "Yeah but he is retired" or something like that. Yeah, obviously he has time I will tell them, but he also has a PASSION and he is working when I may have the time too, time to sit on the couch and watch a game.

You need to laugh at the clown who says something like that. Don't waste some of your passion for the car on him!

Brian
Old 03-16-2011, 08:53 AM

Last photo:

Lookin Good

Quote:
Just had it out with a guy over at T-bucket forum...Pretty much called me a liar on when I stated this build... Man !!! I can't believe some people... I guess I will have to start taking pictures with a new paper in front of me with the date showing...Give me a break !!!! Now I see why no one from the days that built cars didn't show pictures... They just built it.... Man !!!! I really want to hit something right about now...
Hey Randy, Looking good man. I read that post at the t bucket forum. What an idiot. He is probably a member here too? If he continues to question your veracity, just tell him to go away and make love to himself. Nolan
Old 03-16-2011, 10:49 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropaw
It is looking great! we know how long it has been here. send that guy to us we will set him straight. Keep up the good work. I love all the picks

Thanks... You would think by now I would know how to deal with this kind of people... I had them around me all my life so far..
Old 03-16-2011, 11:14 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
I have shown this thread to a number of people and they all sit there stunned. Some will say things like "Yeah but he is retired" or something like that. Yeah, obviously he has time I will tell them, but he also has a PASSION and he is working when I may have the time too, time to sit on the couch and watch a game.

You need to laugh at the clown who says something like that. Don't waste some of your passion for the car on him!

Brian

Brian... You can let them know... I only get in about 8 hrs of TV in 30 days.. I really don't have much time for it... It make's people lazy... God only gives us so much time here.. I use it the way I like too... Some people don't have any goals in life,I do.. I became disabled at 39years old.. Not because I wanted too... I also have to make time for my two great kids, And my wonderful wife, That stuck by my side, No matter what has happen in my life... I also help as many as my friends as I can... I'm always doing something... I CAN'T sit still very long, My Bipolar will kill me if I did... That's anything I have to try in work around... So just because your disabled, Doesn't mean you don't have anything to do... My little girl signs up for EVERYTHING she can... She's a Junior police department,Rotc,baseball,And that list will take days to write... And the same for my son.. So I may be retired in one way,, But I never stop... So let your friends know,, I feel like it was much easier at work sometimes.... The hardest part is dealing with a sickness you have no control over that gives you a high one day, and brings you very close to killing yourself the next day... Try dealing with that EVERYDAY.. So if they think being home everyday is so easy,, Tell them to give it a try,,, You don't realize what you had until someone takes it away from you... One other thing I forgot... Go from making 70 to 80,000.00 a year to right at 20,000.00. At 39 Yrs old with a wife and two kids... And losing ALL your Life Ins. ALL OF IT !!! (because it was with my work place)..My family and friends and my cars is all I have now....And I need everyone them day by day...

I want everyone to know right here right now... I didn't post this for anyone to feel sorry for me... Just wanted to let you know what my life is really all about.... I am strong enough to beat this.. And I will !!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:15 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLNOLAN
Hey Randy, Looking good man. I read that post at the t bucket forum. What an idiot. He is probably a member here too? If he continues to question your veracity, just tell him to go away and make love to himself. Nolan

I will pray for him...
Old 03-16-2011, 11:44 AM

Last photo:

Randy, first off, you don't need to explain that to me, I have never been in the position but have dealt with everything you mentioned with people in my family day in and day out.

It's like when I joked about you having a crew that is building it. It DOES look amazing how much you have gotten done. I also know it is TOTALLY possible for a guy who knows what he is doing WITH a passion to do exactly as you have. But to the person without an understanding I can see that they could be mistaken into believing it just isn't possible.

I have no excuses but being lazy after working to not want to go that extra mile to go out into the garage.

I know damn well the difference between making a puzzle on your kitchen table and making your C cab is passion, that is the difference. Not to say that we all have your talent, but basically most anyone if they take enough time and study could do it. That is the cool part about this stuff. The difference with you of course is the high amount of skill you have to be able to just DO IT, everyday just DO IT and in a month you have a friggin car!

To many who can't do it, they think it's impossible. When someone makes a comment about not being able to make a fender I show them photos (or lown them a video) of a tin master like Ron Fouriner making a fender from scratch and it is so far out of their world they almost can't grasp it.

I can't do it, but I can grasp it.

You know the funny thing about that long list you have of things you need to do. When I was involved in Scouting, or at my daughters school where my wife is in the PTA (and has been for 8 years, every single meeting AND doing the accounting for it) there are a few people who do 90% of the work. Everyone who has stuff coming out there butt with coaching, sick relatives, work, commuting, etc. seem to take on what needs to be done more than the person who has nothing to do! They are always "too busy" and you KNOW they don't EVER help with anything. Funny how it goes that way.

Brian
Old 03-16-2011, 12:09 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Randy, first off, you don't need to explain that to me, I have never been in the position but have dealt with everything you mentioned with people in my family day in and day out.

It's like when I joked about you having a crew that is building it. It DOES look amazing how much you have gotten done. I also know it is TOTALLY possible for a guy who knows what he is doing WITH a passion to do exactly as you have. But to the person without an understanding I can see that they could be mistaken into believing it just isn't possible.

I have no excuses but being lazy after working to not want to go that extra mile to go out into the garage.

I know damn well the difference between making a puzzle on your kitchen table and making your C cab is passion, that is the difference. Not to say that we all have your talent, but basically most anyone if they take enough time and study could do it. That is the cool part about this stuff. The difference with you of course is the high amount of skill you have to be able to just DO IT, everyday just DO IT and in a month you have a friggin car!

To many who can't do it, they think it's impossible. When someone makes a comment about not being able to make a fender I show them photos (or lown them a video) of a tin master like Ron Fouriner making a fender from scratch and it is so far out of their world they almost can't grasp it.

I can't do it, but I can grasp it.

You know the funny thing about that long list you have of things you need to do. When I was involved in Scouting, or at my daughters school where my wife is in the PTA (and has been for 8 years, every single meeting AND doing the accounting for it) there are a few people who do 90% of the work. Everyone who has stuff coming out there butt with coaching, sick relatives, work, commuting, etc. seem to take on what needs to be done more than the person who has nothing to do! They are always "too busy" and you KNOW they don't EVER help with anything. Funny how it goes that way.

Brian

I know what you mean Brian.... Before I got disabled... I was working in a shipyard... I was Inside a shop and did ''ALL'' the alum work.. Believe me.. I built anything from a thing to hold up fish for the owner to take pictures of his fish, To barbecue pits.. And so on.. Well At the time I was working 14 to16 hrs a day.. ''everyday''... Now I would get home after dark.. Would go straight to my shop... I had a bad habit of eating when ever I could... I would stay in my shop until sometimes 3 or 4 in the morning... Go back to work at 5:30... how did my wife put up with that kind of life.. I just don't know.. This went on for years... So Now I guess I'm trained to keep pushing forward... I'm in by dark on some days now... My wife love's it that way... Still have a couple of late nights.. But not like I did... They Say: What don't kill you, Only make's you tougher !!! I guess it's true.... Are Maybe it caught up with me... Who Know's... So it's got to be something you really want to do....(work on cars).. I feel like if I waste a day doing nothing.... It's a wasted day I'll Never get back... So I make EVER DAY COUNT.....Your not promised tomorrow....
Old 03-16-2011, 01:50 PM

Last photo:

I can see you have those things that have always bugged me too.... a dose of "hyperactivity"... a passion for cars, and for creativity.... and a "sense of urgency"!

At times I have worked three incomes, just because I needed to be busy.... doing something productive.... and felt I should have accomplished everything a week ago!

If you were out here, we would probably be conspiring on projects! :-)~
Old 03-16-2011, 02:17 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I know what you mean Brian.... Before I got disabled... I was working in a shipyard... I was Inside a shop and did ''ALL'' the alum work.. Believe me.. I built anything from a thing to hold up fish for the owner to take pictures of his fish, To barbecue pits.. And so on.. Well At the time I was working 14 to16 hrs a day.. ''everyday''... Now I would get home after dark.. Would go straight to my shop... I had a bad habit of eating when ever I could... I would stay in my shop until sometimes 3 or 4 in the morning... Go back to work at 5:30... how did my wife put up with that kind of life.. I just don't know.. This went on for years... So Now I guess I'm trained to keep pushing forward... I'm in by dark on some days now... My wife love's it that way... Still have a couple of late nights.. But not like I did... They Say: What don't kill you, Only make's you tougher !!! I guess it's true.... Are Maybe it caught up with me... Who Know's... So it's got to be something you really want to do....(work on cars).. I feel like if I waste a day doing nothing.... It's a wasted day I'll Never get back... So I make EVER DAY COUNT.....Your not promised tomorrow....

I used to work like that too when I was in my twenties. I would work until the morning hours day after day, I would be KNOCKED OUT if I did that today at 52, others may be able to, but not me. I would have a car in primer in my garage and have it painted in lacquer, cut and buffed and assembled and driving it to a show in a couple of weeks!

I just can't do it anymore. But I know I can do a lot more than I do, it really does come down to being lazy. I never thought I would ever use that word regarding ME, HUH, lazy are you out of your mind? But it sure seems like that is the only word I can use. I work my butt off all day at work and just want to rest when I get home.

More power to you Randy, rock on.

Brian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.