Building A Homemade C-cab !!! - Page 27 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2011, 07:53 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

Looks awesome Randy!

As usual of course!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

C-Cab

Any chance that the O/Head console could become the place where all the switches and etc (lite switch, wiper switch (?) etc etc) could wind up? Maybe even where the head unit for a future stereo might live. (sort of aircraft type with all switches overhead)

I sorta see it with toggle switches for lites, fuel pump, wipers, ignition (key goes elsewhere, but you turn things ON with the key, then switch ignition & fuel pump on with toggles) Just a thot - but in such a tiny car, real estate is precious, and you have just opened up a set of new possibilities.......
Old 03-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks.. I was thinking about put a lot of the switch's up top.. The piece in the middle of the dash isn't going to stay there... I'm adding my gauges there... And not sure yet if this car will have a radio or not... It would be more of a show car... I will drive it.. But more for the bigger show's... Not any local show's... Circuit show's..World of wheels, and so on..I may show some local, But I don't want it judged.. It may be the only car I ever had with NO radio..
Old 03-23-2011, 09:08 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Thanks.. I was thinking about put a lot of the switch's up top.. The piece in the middle of the dash isn't going to stay there... I'm adding my gauges there... And not sure yet if this car will have a radio or not... It would be more of a show car... I will drive it.. But more for the bigger show's... Not any local show's... Circuit show's..World of wheels, and so on..I may show some local, But I don't want it judged.. It may be the only car I ever had with NO radio..
It just keeps getting better and better.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:19 PM

Just curious, w/all that steel welded to or in direct contact w/ all that bracing, what are you planning to do about corrosion protection w/ all those inaccsessible surfaces? I do appreciate the effort/planning, but...

dave
Old 03-23-2011, 02:14 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old2fast
Just curious, w/all that steel welded to or in direct contact w/ all that bracing, what are you planning to do about corrosion protection w/ all those inaccsessible surfaces? I do appreciate the effort/planning, but...

dave

Well That's hard to answer... I will do my best to get primer in there... Might get the whole body dipped... One thing I can say... Is not every car that was ever built has primer on everything... Not all where dipped either... I said in the beginning that I wanted something that would be remembered for a long time.... I really didn't plan on this car to Last ''Forever''.... But I do think it will be around for a very long time,,SOME WHERE'S !!!! I do understand the point your trying to make.... But we can't have everything we want... If that's the case.. I would have built it all out of stainless.. But one thing you can count on is... I ''WILL'' do my very best to Make sure I get as much covered as Possible...

Plus I would have to drill a hole in every tubing and fill with primer.... I really don't think that's going to happen.... This will be a driver... (But more a show car)But I really don't see this car really ever being in the weather... So I think it will last my life time anyway..
Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Juast another "thot"

Just another thought (I gotta stop having those - they are bad for blood pressure! Doctor warned me about that! )

How about leaving the big diamond in place on the dash, (part of the overall theme of the car) and put the speedo & tach just below it - in the console if poss and putting the rest of the instruments (gas ga, oil press, volts, temp, etc) into a panel that would be slightly above eye level to the driver right ahead of the driver? It would be hidden from the outside as it would be up behind the curved-down portion of the front of the roof. A similar panel on the other side could hold a stereo head unit.

Bring a horizontal panel back about 6" from where the roof originally ended, and then vertically back up to meet the inner surface of the roof, melding the upper console into it where they meet. Then put switches into the existing overhead console to complete the look

If the car is to be drivable, but (for the first years anyway) its principal duties will be on the show car circuit, creative touches and (at least the appearance of) having a killer sound system will be important, too! (As if this entire beautiful car wasn't already the most creative thing!)

(Just ignoring Doctors orders and thinking again!)

Last edited by Dave57210; 03-24-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:46 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210
Just another thought (I gotta stop having those - they are bad for blood pressure! Doctor warned me about that! )

How about leaving the big diamond in place on the dash, (part of the overall theme of the car) and put the speedo & tach just below it - in the console if poss and putting the rest of the instruments (gas ga, oil press, volts, temp, etc) into a panel that would be slightly above eye level to the driver right ahead of the driver? It would be hidden from the outside as it would be up behind the curved-down portion of the front of the roof. A similar panel on the other side could hold a stereo head unit.

Bring a horizontal panel back about 6" from where the roof originally ended, and then vertically back up to meet the inner surface of the roof, melding the upper console into it where they meet. Then put switches into the existing overhead console to complete the look

If the car is to be drivable, but (for the first years anyway) its principal duties will be on the show car circuit, creative touches and (at least the appearance of) having a killer sound system will be important, too! (As if this entire beautiful car wasn't already the most creative thing!)

(Just ignoring Doctors orders and thinking again!)

All that has past through my mine already.... Great mines think a like.... But the gauge set I want to buy is too wide for the top and it doesn't have the same curve....It has to be a flat dash..To work... So it won't work up top,,, But things are still rolling through my head...
Old 03-25-2011, 08:02 AM

Last photo:

Hey Randy,
Any updated PIXS??? I'm "Jonesing" Later John T.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John(Maynor)Hodgen
Hey Randy,
Any updated PIXS??? I'm "Jonesing" Later John T.

Sorry... I have been busy building a T-bucket... I did get a little done on mine... I added the round bar along the bottom of the body... When It's all done it will give it a little flare on the bottom... Will look better when all is done...Will try tomorrow to get the doors working...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	104_0847.JPG
Views:	715
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	53857   Click image for larger version

Name:	104_0846.JPG
Views:	745
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	53858   Click image for larger version

Name:	104_0845.JPG
Views:	714
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	53859   Click image for larger version

Name:	104_0844.JPG
Views:	711
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	53860   Click image for larger version

Name:	104_0843.JPG
Views:	711
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	53861  

Old 03-25-2011, 08:36 PM

Last photo:

few more.. I have to watch these close up shot's,, Y'all might get to see some of my boo boo's...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	104_0842.JPG
Views:	717
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	53862   Click image for larger version

Name:	104_0840.JPG
Views:	725
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	53863   Click image for larger version

Name:	104_0839.JPG
Views:	725
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	53864   Click image for larger version

Name:	104_0834.JPG
Views:	720
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	53865   Click image for larger version

Name:	104_0835.JPG
Views:	715
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	53866  

Old 03-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,163 Times in 1,025 Posts
That little truck really has a great look, just perfect!
It is so cool that just a few weeks ago it didn't exist.

Brian

Old 03-25-2011, 08:50 PM

Last photo:

I know what you mean Brian !!! I have to take another look to make sure it's real..
Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,163 Times in 1,025 Posts
It hilarious, just a few weeks ago there was an empty spot there and some tubing and sheet metal leaning against the wall. It really is bizarre that was such a short time ago and wham, there is this cool little C cab.

Brian
Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 PM
31 five window

Last journal entry: Master cylinder
Last photo:

Looks good.I like the way you carried it over the rear end tubes.Can't wait to see it in primer with some of the body work done.Just the primer will make it look even better than it already does.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.