Building A Homemade C-cab !!! - Page 44 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I may be pulling the SBC out soon.... No Centerline !!!! It isn't getting a ford....
I may have a big block Chevy coming soon...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2011, 11:55 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonJay
I thought you might like it. If you arrange the letters right, the "O" would be centered above the crown.... just in case you wanted to do a diamond shaped center.

I'm lovin' the project! ....but I was going to the shows starting in '62-'63, during the showrod "boom". I got to see lots of the famous cars in person. :-)~ Undertaker... Wild Dream... Monkeymobile... Silouette... Beatnick Bandit... and on and on and on...

I like your way Of thinking... But I don't want to over kill the name... Just enough to set it off.... The car will have a good bit of air brush work done for sure...
I never really got the chance to see any of the famous cars in person.... But I'm hoping I will one day see mine Parked next to a few some where... That would really be cool...
Old 08-28-2011, 11:59 AM

Last photo:

It's really killing me to have this car on hold because of money.... I should be showing this car RIGHT NOW !!!!

MONEY !!!!! MONEY !!!! MONEY !!!! aways money !!!!!!

But it will be like fine wine,,, The longer it takes,, The better it will be..
Old 08-28-2011, 12:05 PM

Last photo:

I think you will find the opportunity to show with one of them somewhere. You know that all of those cars still have to be somewhere, because nobody could ever throw one away!!!

Where is that museum that has several? ....Kansas?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:15 PM

Last photo:

C-cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydeedy
I don't know for sure,but I always thought if you were not making money on it it was OK.Good Luck.
They started collecting because the old bands didn't get royalties for their music, like the new ones do. So every time you play it at a public event or were the public can hear it, you have to pay for every song.
At a car show you pay a set amount, On a u-tube you will get hit with a per-song fee, or they will hit you with a fee every time it is played. If they have told Randy to take it down, they know who he is or where he is. if people keep making hits on it, it's just racking up money for them, and costing Randy.

I know how they work our show got hit, BTT50's, and they wanted to go back so many years, which would have been thousands of dollars.

I don't know how I missed this, I have been following the thread since Randy started it.

Bob
Old 08-28-2011, 12:24 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonJay
I think you will find the opportunity to show with one of them somewhere. You know that all of those cars still have to be somewhere, because nobody could ever throw one away!!!

Where is that museum that has several? ....Kansas?

They have some here...http://www.darrylstarbird.com/
And also here..http://www.jayohrberg.com/index.html

I did get to talk to Jay's wife by email....She said he loved the c-cab..

And I also got to talk to Mr.Darryl Starbird by email... He told me a lot of very nice things... And also invited me to bring one of my cars to his show.... Man !!!! Isn't that AWESOME !!!!!

I tryed to talk to a few of the other big names out there... And they didn't even give me the time of day... But that's OK... I'll have My day...

Mr.Starbird was A great guy to talk to... And you can bet... I will make his show one day....
Old 08-28-2011, 12:28 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane
They started collecting because the old bands didn't get royalties for their music, like the new ones do. So every time you play it at a public event or were the public can hear it, you have to pay for every song.
At a car show you pay a set amount, On a u-tube you will get hit with a per-song fee, or they will hit you with a fee every time it is played. If they have told Randy to take it down, they know who he is or where he is. if people keep making hits on it, it's just racking up money for them, and costing Randy.

I know how they work our show got hit, BTT50's, and they wanted to go back so many years, which would have been thousands of dollars.

I don't know how I missed this, I have been following the thread since Randy started it.

Bob
I just got a notice from utube saying something about it... And it said I didn't have to do anything yet... So we will see...If I have to take it down.. I will... But I don't mean any harm by it at all, And I'm not making any money of it...We will see...
Old 08-28-2011, 12:35 PM

Last photo:

c-cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
I just got a notice from utube saying something about it... And it said I didn't have to do anything yet... So we will see...If I have to take it down.. I will... But I don't mean any harm by it at all, And I'm not making any money of it...We will see...
I know you aren't making any money, sometimes they will let the fees slide, but be sure, they are counting every hit, in case they decide to charge you.
If that happens we will have to start a fund raiser if I can post that.

Bob
Old 08-28-2011, 03:39 PM

Last photo:

Sorry guy's !!!! no more music on my video.....

Very sad what this world has come too.... Don't look like I will be buying anymore CD'S...
Old 09-02-2011, 04:40 PM

Last photo:

Man !!!!! It get's better everyday...
I was put down on another web site.... BOO-WHO-WHO !!!!!!

Someone was pi****off because he said I build all my motor mounts wrong...

I don't remember how many cars I have set up this way,,,, But I guess I should have a ''RECALL'' before all them motors start to fall out them cars and trucks..... And he also said I only post pictures of my build and don't go there to learn...... Sad thing is !!!!! I was asked to post my car on that site......Some say your frame will break in half, some say the motor will fall out....WHAT THE HE$$ MAN !!!!! JEALOUSY!!! JEALOUSY!!! JEALOUSY!!!

Sad when we can't just have fun building our cars like it use to be.......Jealousy has taken over everything...

I bet Ed Big daddy Roth is glade they didn't have Computers back then..
Old 09-02-2011, 04:55 PM

Last photo:

Once again Randy, LOVE THE MOTOR MOUNTS! And another thing when you post pictures of your builds other people can learn from them. Sour grapes can still make good whine (sic).
Old 09-02-2011, 05:03 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52fatness
Once again Randy, LOVE THE MOTOR MOUNTS! And another thing when you post pictures of your builds other people can learn from them. Sour grapes can still make good whine (sic).

YEA !!! Your right..... I just don't get it.... Your asked to go to the site and post your pictures... Then You get put down because I said it has worked for years with a lot of hp sitting on them.....I don't post to make myself look good.... I had quit posted more then once.... And was asked by MANY not to stop,,,, That many have learned by only my pictures...

If your freezer is still making ice.... Do you change anything....NOPE !!!!
Just because someone think's there way is the only way,,, Sorry.. There more then one way to build your cars... Safety first.... I never had a motor fall out yet.... Why reinvent the wheel..

But he has been building cars for 70 years... Give me a break Man !!!!

I guess I better take a break away for a while... I'm starting to remember why I don't still have my lap top...
Old 09-02-2011, 07:23 PM

Last journal entry: first part in paint
Last photo:

grumpy old men

Mate I believe every hot rod is repeated somewhere, hands up if your 32 is better than someone else's you just love them all there is no such thing as a bad idea look at rat rods not my cup of tea but I bet they are ducks nuts to the guys who own them we only come here because we are interested in others hot rods no one has the monopoly on good ideas that's also why we are here to get ideas,i know that's why I am, my trouble is I am never satisfied and keep going back and changing thins until I am happy, as I have said before you inspire us all Randy should be water off a gator's for you mate keep on trucking !!!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:33 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Sad when we can't just have fun building our cars like it use to be.......
This story really burns my butt. If guys like Randy built all their cars "by the book", hot rodding would be in very sorry shape. Just a bunch of cookie cutter cars you couldn't tell apart except for the jelly bean colors.

Our cars are called "customs" because they are C-U-S-T-O-M. They are each meant to be different and unique. There is no rule book. And the wilder the ideas the better in my opinion. If you are not going to do something new, different and unique with your car, then why go to the trouble. You're just building something that has already been build by somebody else. You're not going forward, you're only treading water.

For me it is guys like Randy who make this sport go around. Guys who are not only willing to show off a final product but are willing to show us each and every step along the way, warts and all. Nobody is insisting you build your car the way Randy does it. He puts his stuff up here so we can get ideas, get inspired, and get up off our butts to build our own "dreams". The idea is to use what you like from his builds and if you don't like something, or don't think it is strong enough, or don't think it is sleek enough...then get off your duff and do it better. And then have the guts to post up a gajillion pictures like Randy does.

THAT is what hot rodding is about. Not sitting behind a keyboard pointing fingers and picking apart somebody else's work. Anybody can be a bar stool prima dona and armchair quarterback. But it takes a real hot rodder to get out in the shop day after day and night after night to build something truly custom. And not just to BUILD something but to FINISH something.

That is exactly what Randy does. And I tip my hat to him every time I see his work.

Dewey
Old 09-03-2011, 09:41 AM

Last photo:

amen

Dewey, I'll give ya a big "AMEN" on that. From what I read, the reasoning behind this persons way of building motor mounts didn't make alot of sense anyway. Six one way, half a dozen the other.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.