Hot Rod Forum banner

Building A Homemade C-cab !!!

606K views 1K replies 99 participants last post by  Richard D 
#1 ·
Well !!!! I started cutting the iron yesterday at around 4:eek:o .. :thumbup: This is going to be another homemade hot rod... I was going to keep this one behind the doors.. But why not let everyone see it in the making... It will not be built in 75 hours.. I will be taking this one ''ALL'' the way.. I aways thought the pizza wagon was so cool.. I was going to make one just like it, But decided to make it my own.. SOMETHING DIFFERENT.. The pizza wagon was done already.. Time for a new one.. I hope everyone enjoys the build and thread.. Feel free to speak up.. :thumbup: THE AMPS ARE NOW BURNING !!! :mwink:

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Mill
#1,400 ·
Just a few cool pictures of the c-cab that shows the really size of it next to a full size car and truck..

Attachments

#1,405 ·
I found a few old pictures I don't think I ever posted.. So I will share them.. Boy I'm ready to get back on this car..:sweat:

Attachments

#1,409 ·
Hey Cboy.. Man it's always good to hear from you.. Been to long.. Hope you been doing good on your end.. I ran across a few pictures I didn't know I had and just wanted to post them.. I haven't been able to get anymore done on it, Been to busy and not enough money to sink in it right now.. I said if it's the last thing I do this year I will start back on it..

How your custom build been doing I know you been enjoying it I'm sure.. Any thing new in the making..

#1,417 ·
Hello there

I was reading your build story with a keen interest an i was wondering if you would be willing to share some further information on your build?

I live in Australia and we don't see many of any C cab hotrods down here, and like you I'm interested in building my very own version of 1 here from steel as I'm not a fan of the fiberglass produced one's available!

So if it's not to much to ask would you be willing to assist me with some information that hasn't been mentioned in your thread?

Kind regards
Simon (Simple1mate)

#1,422 ·
hey Mr. Kevin.. thanks.. But i haven't did any work on it in a few years.. Been to busy with other things.. I hope to get back on it maybe this year... I just told my wife I built it in about 30 days and its been 8 yrs and i never finished it yet..:drunk: crazy how time passes by. Hope you been OK on your end..

Been playing with a few things on this end..:mwink::D

Also have my hands full with my grandson...a little gear head already...

Attachments

#1,425 ·
Hey Mr.Henry...Always great to hear from you..hope all is well on your end..Thanks for the kind words on the C-cab..Hope to be able to get back on it soon.. been having it tucked away..out of sight.out of mind..:D It is time to finish it...I haven't been here to much.. Just stop in once and a while to see if anything changed.. Take care my friend..;)

#1,426 ·
Good evening, first of all I want to congratulate you for such a great job, excuse me but I'm from Colombia and I don't know English, I'm using the google translator, excuse me ... I'm planning to build my own hotrod, since here in Colombia, these old Ford are very little seen and those that exist are exaggeratedly expensive, I have some experience with welding and I have mechanical friends who will help me with the mechanics and electricity of the vehicle, I just need measures to start, body and body measurements chassis ..... With those measures and a donor ford 1978 that I already have, I could start ..... if you can help me, I would appreciate it ... again many congratulations for your work and gravias for sharing your knowledge with everyone , believe me that I have learned a lot just by looking at your photos ..... greetings ....

#1,428 ·
love the c cab - that will be one of the next 2 projects I build myself - the other is a clone of the Dragula car from the Munsters show - not quite done with the "D" bucket I am building - got slowed down by cancer but have beaten it now - so I can get back to it - I will be picking your brain if that's ok? - jaxx

#1,429 ·
Thanks for the kind words.. Super glade to hear you beat the Cancer..Can't wait to see your builds.. Its so much fun building something when you don't start with something..just watching it all come together is a great feeling..I was going to start back on this car when i sold my other one. But decided to hold off for now..I'm hoping it won't be to long before i'm back on it..have a 33 coupe to build first..I'll help anyway i can..have fun.;)