Building A Homemade C-cab !!! - Page 58 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I was playing around in my shop today and had some left over wood,,, So I made a couple of inside panel's for the interior for later..
Just goofing off I guess...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3137.JPG
Views:	709
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	60565   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3138.JPG
Views:	703
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	60566   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3139.JPG
Views:	738
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	60567   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3141.JPG
Views:	708
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	60568  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,029 Posts
Looks like you could just varnish them! Paint the diamond silver or something and varnish the rest. Have you ever looked inside of a vintage hearse? They were seriously ornate with chrome and stuff, very cool. If I could afford a collection "service" cars like police and this stort of stuff is what I would collect.

Brian

Old 12-07-2011, 12:47 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
Looks like you could just varnish them! Paint the diamond silver or something and varnish the rest. Have you ever looked inside of a vintage hearse? They were seriously ornate with chrome and stuff, very cool.

Brian
I have seen them...

I'm really not sure if I'm going to leave them diamonds on the inside... Since this is going to be more of a 60's style... I will most likely do the inside diamond tuck or something... So I'm not sure at this point which way the inside will get done...
Old 12-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

It Ain't FAIR!

It just ain't fair that one man should have SO much talent, so much skill and so much vision, not to mention the drive & determination to do all this!

Randy - if I wasn't so in awe of your abilities, I'd be jealous!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:17 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210
It just ain't fair that one man should have SO much talent, so much skill and so much vision, not to mention the drive & determination to do all this!

Randy - if I wasn't so in awe of your abilities, I'd be jealous!
Thanks for the kind words Mr Dave..

Looking back on my life now... I only seen it as the drive and most of all..The Determination...

If I had to pick one above all... It would surely be ''Determination''..... I would have to say that is what drive's me in life.....
Old 12-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Thanks for the kind words Mr Dave..

Looking back on my life now... I only seen it as the drive and most of all..The Determination...

If I had to pick one above all... It would surely be ''Determination''..... I would have to say that is what drive's me in life.....
The word I use is "Passion". You have a passion for this craft. I can go from tech to tech out in the shop and you can easily see those who have the passion and those who don't. Some have the passion for this craft, just within the shop. They drive a crappy car, they have no desire what so ever to do this stuff at home, one guy has a garden and other interests. Yet within these four walls he has passion to no end! It's funny how that is, but you can see the difference that is for sure.

Brian
Old 12-08-2011, 10:42 AM

Last journal entry: Picture of delivery
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
The word I use is "Passion". You have a passion for this craft...

Brian
I agree totally. Randy you deserve a Christmas break.

Merry Christmas

Old 12-08-2011, 07:09 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two8tyThree
I agree totally. Randy you deserve a Christmas break.

Merry Christmas

Thanks Two8tythree... That was very nice of you to post that....

But!!!! I been on Break way to long already..
What I do need is: A Christmas Miracle !!!!! That would be more like it.... But I'll take this... It was very kind of you.. Thanks..

And for Passion,,, I Guess I can say that I do have that for this Hobby...

Merry Christmas to you too..
Old 12-10-2011, 03:27 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Randy your skills are just amazing. I've been following this thread for awhile now just marveling at how this project just grew before our eyes. Neat stuff! Always willing to stand a dead horse back on its feet and beat it some more, I've been thinking about those Caddy coach lights you mocked up. How about setting them in a crown atop the stanchions you built? Utilize a internal flickering flame light bulb ( http://www.nationalartcraft.com/subc...&cid=2&scid=38 ). These are 120v bulbs but by powering them with a hidden power inverter they might look interesting. Did those Caddy lens come in amber? Or you being a old ship builder, green and red. Fascinating build!
Old 12-10-2011, 09:27 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy
Randy your skills are just amazing. I've been following this thread for awhile now just marveling at how this project just grew before our eyes. Neat stuff! Always willing to stand a dead horse back on its feet and beat it some more, I've been thinking about those Caddy coach lights you mocked up. How about setting them in a crown atop the stanchions you built? Utilize a internal flickering flame light bulb ( http://www.nationalartcraft.com/subc...&cid=2&scid=38 ). These are 120v bulbs but by powering them with a hidden power inverter they might look interesting. Did those Caddy lens come in amber? Or you being a old ship builder, green and red. Fascinating build!
Thanks for the kind words...
If Only I seen myself like a lot of other's do... I have said it more then once.... I'm just a guy that love's this Hobby..

I feel anyone can do what I do... I know some will say different,,I didn't get where I'm at in one night,,,, I had to fail over and over.... I just kept pushing myself harder and harder to make it to this point....But this is the main reason I post all my build's here hoping to give someone else the want I have inside of me...

I love Sharing all my work.... I'm not going to say I don't enjoy what everyone post here about my work.... It is what drive's me to get better and better.... I will say this much.. It get's very hard to keep doing these builds because of Money...

And I do want to give up more now then I ever did.... But when People stand strong behind all my builds,, It's hard to just give up...

Believe me... If it wasn't for everyone I made friends with here,,, And the one's I help around my house also... I wouldn't still be doing it......But I'm not a guy that ever gave up before,, And try my best to show other's not to give up.....

I wouldn't be a good example for others if I did give up...I keep getting kick down,, But I also get back up.. No matter how hard it get's.. So this build has to be finished,,, Maybe not as fast as I usually do one....

But I will finish this one.... Thanks again... Sorry so long... But I just wanted to let everyone know.... I'm just like everyone here... Problem's and all... '

Some say My life would make a good book one day....
Who know's..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 12-10-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:39 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothboy

Sorry I got lost there for a Min..

I did think about the light's like you said... They would look cool... I was going to use the clear one's... You can get them with a nice base.... But the crown Idea is something to think about... And the flickering light's would be cool... I'm still thinking about a lot of things,,, I'm Also rethinking the Name also.... I like ''CROWN JEWEL''... But I'm just not 100% sure at this point... Thanks for a good idea...
Old 12-11-2011, 01:33 PM

Last photo:

Hey Randy!
Maybe other people can do what you do but few have the drive or the guts to get it done. Your posts inspire me and others to continue builds we might give up on otherwise and to try things we might not if we didn't see what you have accomplished. THANK YOU
JB
Old 12-11-2011, 03:13 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52fatness
Hey Randy!
Maybe other people can do what you do but few have the drive or the guts to get it done. Your posts inspire me and others to continue builds we might give up on otherwise and to try things we might not if we didn't see what you have accomplished. THANK YOU
JB
This right here is What keep's me going... Thanks...
There is times you look at all this and ask yourself ,,WHY DO I DO THIS!!!
then you hear that what you do help's people and that right there is your reward...

You wouldn't think by taking a bunch of iron and throwing it together to make something would inspire anyone.... But It was always the point I was trying to make here and other forum's....I guess I succeed at what I was trying to prove....... It really makes me proud to read this.... THANK YOU..
Old 12-11-2011, 03:25 PM

Last photo:

I was playing around today on the c-cab..... Trying to find everything I can do with what I have laying around my shop....

BOY !!!! This is driving me nut's !!!!!!!

Well !!!! Anyway !!!
I finished up my seat stands.... Will work out good.... I can use the bottom's to store things..Good hiding spot's..

Before anyone ask's why I didn't lean my seat's back.... It will be made into the foam when I do the seat's...

Here's what I did today..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3168.JPG
Views:	560
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	60676   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3170.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	60677   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3171.JPG
Views:	554
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	60678   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3174.JPG
Views:	554
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	60679  
Old 12-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

skill sets

Randy - I've said this before and I REALLY mean it

Have you ever thought of teaching those of us less skilled, less talented, less "driven" HOW TO DO THIS STUFF?

Yes I can take welding courses locally. Yes I can follow C-Boy's "How to" thread. Yes I can build my own engines. I will likely never learn how to paint something (unless I use a brush! )

I will never be able to do the total package the way you do. I lack the imagination, the vision, the drive and the way to stick to it and see it all the way through.

I have several "stalled" projects because I can't seem to prioritize them - to say "OK - I'm gonna do THIS car first" or even to (assume that do decide to concentrate on only one project) say that "I have to THIS step before I can do THAT one". (even if I knew how to do the next step)

I need help and I strongly suspect that a lot of other guys on here also have specific skills but do not have "the total package" the way you do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.