Building A Homemade C-cab !!! - Page 59 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Projects/Builds/My Ride
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210
Randy - I've said this before and I REALLY mean it

Have you ever thought of teaching those of us less skilled, less talented, less "driven" HOW TO DO THIS STUFF?

Yes I can take welding courses locally. Yes I can follow C-Boy's "How to" thread. Yes I can build my own engines. I will likely never learn how to paint something (unless I use a brush! )

I will never be able to do the total package the way you do. I lack the imagination, the vision, the drive and the way to stick to it and see it all the way through.

I have several "stalled" projects because I can't seem to prioritize them - to say "OK - I'm gonna do THIS car first" or even to (assume that do decide to concentrate on only one project) say that "I have to THIS step before I can do THAT one". (even if I knew how to do the next step)

I need help and I strongly suspect that a lot of other guys on here also have specific skills but do not have "the total package" the way you do.

Thanks Mr.Dave.... I lack a lot myself... People that are very close to me know all about that side of me..... I once was asked By a close friend of mine about me doing a Hotrod school.... I would love too.... But I don't think I will ever be able to do it now being disabled..... The funds isn't there..... If I had them... I would most likely go for it.... I love showing people how I do it..... I have many older friends here that told me I would work for you free just to learn from you.... I really don't understand what everyone see's in me.... I don't see it as any magic or something..... Just the will to push the limit's.. I asked when I do my yearly thing for the High school here if I did a school how many would come.... Everyone lift their hands..... So I think it would be a cool thing to do.... I love working with the kids..... You can see the WANT in some of their eye's..... When My doctor's disabled me.... I lost everything when I lost my job..... Money, My leadership of my home, And a lot of my want to succeed in life.... With the way money is now,, It really push's me down a lot.... Everyday it feel's like a part of me is dieing.... Really don't know what's in the last chapter's of my life.... I only take it day by day now....

When I left Mom's house to be a man.... I NEVER had to depend on anyone..... Take part of your life away and you see just how fast things can change..So Looking at how many people look up to you, when you look down on yourself seem weird..So when I say I'm Just a hotrodder like everyone else... I mean that...My friend Speedydeedy always get's on me to stand strong and think better of myself... He taught me a lot about life.....

Sorry... I didn't want to lay all this out on this build thread.... But it will let everyone know just what I feel inside.... It may help you understand this guy's thinking... Thanks Everyone... Randy..

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 02:49 AM

Last journal entry: first part in paint
Last photo:

Hi there Randy, see you have been hard at it, fight the good fight buddy:-) I am watching closely how you go about that seat I may copy it, I am not happy with the two buckets I however I had decided to make one can't be that hard! also where can I get a wiring diagram for a scratch built car? check out the pressing I made for the tailgate, it's on my journal, keep up the good work off to light the BBQ summer here
Old 12-13-2011, 06:06 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce mckenzie
Hi there Randy, see you have been hard at it, fight the good fight buddy:-) I am watching closely how you go about that seat I may copy it, I am not happy with the two buckets I however I had decided to make one can't be that hard! also where can I get a wiring diagram for a scratch built car? check out the pressing I made for the tailgate, it's on my journal, keep up the good work off to light the BBQ summer here

Hey Mr.Bruce !!!! It's always great to hear from you.... I was starting to wonder How your doing on the other side of the world...That willys must be keeping you really busy..

I been fighting the hard battle for sure.... I need to put all that energy in my cars instead of all the battles..

I'm sure you will do just find on them seat's... Everything else you done so far is AWESOME !!!!!!

That will be one find willys when your done... Wish I still had mine..

As far as a wiring diagram... I don't have one.... When I do one from scratch it's in my head.... On my willys I installed a EZ-wiring 21 Circuit.. Had everything I needed, Took a couple Hours to install it...Real easy...

Oh !!!! By the way !!! What time will the food be ready....

I will see if I can sneak out...
Old 12-13-2011, 09:24 PM

Last journal entry: first part in paint
Last photo:

all good mate !

Big steaks !!!! I have a 12year old helper photo, foster kid from next door house great kid, has lived in 30 homes mother and father were not nice people, has lived more life than you and I together !!!! however spends all his time pulling those dam skooter's down, I have had to learn a whole new skill set EZwire sounds the thing, if you can handle it in a couple of hours then a day for me would be in order, do you like the Willys press tool for the tail gate ???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3326.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	60765   Click image for larger version

Name:	keiran .....jpg
Views:	40
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	60766  
Old 12-13-2011, 10:04 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Big steaks !!!! I have a 12year old helper photo, foster kid from next door house great kid, has lived in 30 homes mother and father were not nice people, has lived more life than you and I together !!!! however spends all his time pulling those dam skooter's down, I have had to learn a whole new skill set EZwire sounds the thing, if you can handle it in a couple of hours then a day for me would be in order, do you like the Willys press tool for the tail gate ???

I could never understand Mother's and father's like that..

It wouldn't pay for me to meet someone like that... Someone would be in trouble... I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND !!!!

I bet he really look's up to you Mr.Bruce.. You made a friend for life right there... And he will never forget you.....

Now!!!! Did I hear you say STEAK'S... BIG STEAK'S !!!!

Your tail gate will look super cool... Look's like a great tool you made for sure...
Old 12-14-2011, 11:10 AM
31 five window

Last journal entry: Master cylinder
Last photo:

Quote:
Doesn't it feel good to help people just for the sake of helping? I help a lot of people also,I just about raised a couple of my cousins kids. The EZ wiring is the way to go. Good quality and everything you need even electric door window and trunk curcuits.Also written about every 6" where it goes.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:00 PM

Last photo:

I wanted to post a crazy thing me and a friend did about 3 week's ago...

I went to a party we had for a good friend... Alot of cars showed up good food.. and a good time with friends.... Well my friend asked me to drive one of his cars home... A t-bucket with a big block Chevy...

I told him,,, SURE I will drive it... Well the funny thing is,,, Here's a picture of me leaving in his T...

Now!!!! Do you see the old police car behind me...That is one of his other cars.... Now you have to picture this...

Picture me leaving in this HOT ROD....OK !!!

He left right behind me.... Now he lived about 10 miles or so from the party.. What do you think we did ????

Well he chased me all the way to his house with the big blue light on and the siren just a blowing away.....

I had to stop at a red light and I was the first in line...... Everyone is looking and pointing behind me,, I was watching for the light and making it look like I was very scared....
Everyone was looking at me with this look on their face... We wasn't at the light very long..... All happen really fast...

So when the light turn green I nailed it a Little
And took off waiving my fist at him... The look on their fast was priceless..

We was laughing so hard when I got to his house.... I made it look like I pulled over at his house and everyone was looking at us like He got him...

Keep in mind... We never got over the speed limit in doing this..

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SCAN0033.JPG
Views:	610
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	60796  
Old 12-15-2011, 03:17 PM

Last photo:

Sound like a great time Randy!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:28 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52fatness
Sound like a great time Randy!
Yes it was... A lot of Cajun cooked food and drinks,,, Music,, Cars and friends... A donut pit... And no awards to worry about... Just a nice get together with friends... And the chase home was really funny...
Old 12-17-2011, 06:22 PM

Last photo:

I was able to get the bottom of the c-cab and primer today...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	103_3197.JPG
Views:	537
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	60875   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3196.JPG
Views:	542
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	60876   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3179.JPG
Views:	542
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	60877   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3180.JPG
Views:	529
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	60878   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3183.JPG
Views:	536
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	60879  

Old 12-17-2011, 06:25 PM

Last photo:

few more...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	103_3198.JPG
Views:	566
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	60880   Click image for larger version

Name:	103_3200.JPG
Views:	659
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	60881  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:13 AM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

I'm itching to see this bad boy in paint!

BTW, that is one mean looking rat sitting on those frame rails.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:25 AM

Last photo:

Keep on pluggin' Randy! Your'e gettin' there
Old 12-18-2011, 08:46 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

wiring guide

Bruce, I haven't seen your updates for a while. I went to the ez2wire web site and printed out their wiring guide. It uses Gm wire colors , quite a few pages and I followed it when I rewired the 36 pontiac.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Die standin' up

Last journal entry: geezer69 nova 63
Last photo:

hi randy. i like that little c cab better ever time i see it. its truely a dang cool build.i like seein em finished too but it is a hoot watchin em come together.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.