Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Building my own one time use paint booth.
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 08:51 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally posted by thrown_hammer
I was told to have the intake low and the exhaust high to keep the over spray from setteling on the car. But then again thats why I am here.
Chris, Did you have any overspray issues?

Nope, it could not have worked better. Everything stayed inside the booth if that is what you mean.

As far as the above arrangment, I am not too sure. From what I have read the downdraft booths the pros use are the best so it made sense to me to do it the way I did. I had no problems with dust or overspray settling after the final coat. I left the fan running for about an hour untill the paint was past the tack point. This varies with different paint, but you do want to leave the fan running to keep things moving so they do not settle in the paint. Dust will find its way in on even the best booth, and some nib sanding and buffing is almost inevitable to those of use with modest budgets. I will say that I had no bugs or large contaminants, and Everything sanded out.

I added a photo in my album so you can see. There is not much to it. The fan is under the big door in the back.

Chris

Last edited by TurboS10; 11-01-2003 at 08:59 AM.