Hot Rod Forum banner

Building my own website to show my builds - tell me what you think

773 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  toddwallace 
#1 ·
I am trying to build my own site for hotrods and to document my builds.. Tell me what you think..

The Vintage Car

1966 Mustang Fastback (Shelby Clone)
1966 Mustang Coupe (C Code)
1966 Mustang Coup (T Code - Restomod)
1931 Model A

Current Engine builds
347 Stroker Motor
1951 331 Hemi

#3 ·
BugRod said:
I think the website looks great, a lot better than mine. On another thought though, you have way too many mustangs and you have to give me one of them

1 of them is in real bad shap..1 of them can be finished easily...1 of them is almost finished. At the rate I am going, it will be a long time before I get them done..

#4 · (Edited)
Nice looking website :thumbup:

I had envisioned mine to have that quality, and look, but what do you want for $5.00's(domain registry) total cost, and free hosting. (I had to purchase a 12 pack of Pepsi for a customer/friend to come in and type what I had pre-written). It took almost a year, in my spare time to get to a final posting I was happy with.

It has been up and running for almost 4 years now, and I get phone calls, and emails, from all over the US, and beyond. Like on here, advice is free.

My phone, and email contact lists, have increased by a little over 100 total contact's because of it.

So, I guess it doesn't matter how fancy/shmanscy your website is, it is the 'key words' you use for the "search" engines to find.

P.S. I only add them to my contact lists until after 3 contact's.

#6 ·
Nice site. I like to see the builds go from basket cases to completed cars. Although sometimes (most times) it takes years. Take lots of pics when doing the build. I always look back and realize that the only pics I have are when the painting is being done. Some of the best pics would have been during the tear down and body work stages but I never think of it then. Now my kids are older and my youngest is in charge of taking pictures so it should get better. Even if some of them are of the floor and ceiling. :D

#9 ·
Thanks!

I am pulling a lot more stuff into it to make it more useful.. I spend a lot of time online and I wanted a single place that had all my information. Most sites are dedicated to a certain car..Mustangs, Camaro's, Model A's. I wanted a place that focused on the common stuff.. Sand Blasting, frame Jig's, Rotisserie's, Paint, Front ends, rear ends, transmissions..

#10 ·
the things I love most are the things people make useing their heads and hands...anybody can go out and buy stuff but when unlimited money isnt an option getting these rods built without cash is what oldschool rodding is all about not to mention the fun of it all ...this never gets old for me.I'll be posting pics of homemade tools and equipment I've made in hopes of others doing the same...very interesting stuff. Good luck with it all,I hope it takes off for you

#11 ·
I agree! I think I will quote this on the front page as it actually sums up my reason for the site..

deadbodyman said:
the things I love most are the things people make useing their heads and hands...anybody can go out and buy stuff but when unlimited money isnt an option getting these rods built without cash is what oldschool rodding is all about not to mention the fun of it all ...this never gets old for me.I'll be posting pics of homemade tools and equipment I've made in hopes of others doing the same...very interesting stuff. Good luck with it all,I hope it takes off for you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.