Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Building new garage/shop
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2003, 11:49 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the reminder on the construction poly under the concrete. Did that on the last one - never had a problem with damp floor or bare metal rusting. Had the site cleared this week - Had 5 huge (30 year old) pine trees cut, stumps ground, and removed. I've gotten in contact with 3 potential contractors to build the garage, at least to rough in and bricked to match the house. If codes will approve, its starting to look like we'll go with 28 x 50, with 12' walls.
I live on a 1 acre residential lot in Nashville, Tn. Pole barns, steel buildings, etc. are not allowed. Kinda miss living in the country, were I could have built more for less, had room for more project cars, etc. But family and job come first.
In my last garage, I used a 4 x 8 piece of t-slotted paneling called slatwall instead of pegboard. It is great for hanging tools, storage baskets, shelves, etc. It is the material you see used in a lot of retail displays. I'm looking for a CHEAP source for this. Would be great to find it cheap enough to use it more. Lowes and Home Depot can sell it, but they're pretty expensive.