Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Building new garage/shop
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 05:11 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I envy you for having the opportunity to build a shop to your needs. I would encourage you to consider your lift needs first and then determine the height of your ceiling. I have a 10' 6" high ceiling and have a Stinger lift that I am extremely happy with. I can park my corvette on it and put it in the top lift position and still have 5" to spare. But that is a Corvette and not a tall S.U.V. or a truck or a street rod. If I put my '31 5 window on it I can only go half way up. That means using a creeper stool or hunching over, OUCH! You might check with a lift company and find out the height of the rails at the top position and then measure your tallest vehicle and let that determine your ceiling height. Better that then building a cut out later or crunching the ceiling with your vehicle. Good luck! Also don't skimp on the lift. A few hundred more initially will pay benefits later. My Stinger is SUPER!