Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Building a Powder Coating Oven.
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 01:05 PM

Last journal entry: Building a Powder Coating Oven.
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey ogre's!

Yes! I saw your photo Journals and, checked it out.....cooool a lot of really nice cars. Nice work too!!!

I have side pipes I want to do so, 2 ovens are still not long enough for me.
I've got 3 sets of rims to do for the family and, I want to do a bunch of parts for my AC Cobra kit that I built in 2001.

I though of using a wardrobe unite, for when I do my powder coating with a catcher at the bottom to collected the unused powder. The wardrobe unite I bought cost 20.00 bucks and it is quite large. Good for coating.

All post it when I get the oven finished and, am ready to do some PC coating. I haven't done any PC yet...still new to the idea.....but I love the look and protection it does.

What preps do you do after blasting? Any pre clean solvents that works best? Or have you found better stuff that work great...I've been looking around for something cheaper, then what the coating company sell.

Still doing research on the whole thing. Just don't want to PC and then have to strip it....not cool.

Thanks Buddy.
Cobra427sc.