Building a TBI truck engine - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post Building a TBI truck engine

I'm kicking around trying to squeeze some more ponies out of my 350 TBI in my 94 Chevy truck.
I had considered going with a Tuned Port set up, but I think it will be cost prohibitive. I was looking around at Turbo City's throttle body stuff, and it kind of sounded like a good deal to me. My truck runs well now with real dual exhaust and a chip, but I would kind of like to hear from someone that has heated up a TBI engine with success. Maybe a cam change, a set of headers, and some port matching, and a custom flowed TBI with a good air induction system. I could slap on some Vortec heads, but that would involve a little more cash outlay.
I'm also interested in hearing from anyone who has done this, and what type of camshaft they are running with the factory computer.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2003, 06:16 PM

Last photo:

I have a 93 Yukon that I am considering doing the same to.

Cam/heads/intake/throttle body

The stock TBI only flows 400cfm. There is an upgrade to a 670cfm unit with 65lb injectors. Its suppose to be a good amount better.

I have Shorty headers, 3" high flow cat, 3" straight through muffler and 3" exhaust. That all made a pretty good difference. I also have some minor mods like, TBI spacer, Flex fan, AirRaid Intake, Hypertech Thermomaster chip(had it and didnt feel it did a damn thing for me)

Just had my tranny and rear end rebuilt. Have 3:73 with an Eaton posi unit. Love the way it works. Tranny was a total rebuild. Shifts firmer now.

I was also considering the ATI Procharger for it. MY Yukon is peppy but I want alot more.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:12 AM

Question

Does the 670cfm TB require an intake with 2.0" throttle bores? Or can you run the stock intake with the 670cfm TB? Can a stock intake be machined to 2" throttle bores?
Old 03-05-2003, 06:35 AM

Last photo:

Hmmm..

Thats a damn good question....it is suppose to work with it, bit I know the old intake could be ported easily enough.

Really not sure on that?
Old 03-05-2003, 08:26 AM

I have been doing the research on building a 400sb with tbi for my silverado.Here is some info that i have found. Hope they help.

www.goingfaster.com/spo/spo_technology_central.html

<a href="http://www.chevytalk.org/threads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB12&Number=348873&page=0 &view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1]http://www.chevytalk.org/threads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB12&Number=348873&page=0 &view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1[/URL]
Old 03-05-2003, 08:30 PM

Im also looking into this as well. I called Lunatti cams and they suggested a cam for mine which is #54742. He said it would have a little thump to it, very streetable with stock
convertor, headers and a chip. This is a roller cam. Im putting it in a 94 ZR2 S-10.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.